Horizontal transponders on Astra 2D

pizzel2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Zero, Toroidal T90, 120cm Dish (Astra 28.2º), 60cm Dish (Hispasat)
My Location
Murcia (Spain)
I've just installed a 1.35m dish to get Astra 2D in Albacete (Spain) just 150km from Alicante. Although there are some difficulties to get this bird in this area I have no problem receiving all vertical transponders with a signal quality of 80-84%, that's pretty much. However, I get NO signal from H tps at all. I've tried to change the direction of the LNB (4,5,6,7...o'clock) with no result.
Does anyone know what's the reason? I'd like u to help me.
Thanx

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
your skew should be -31.84 degrees. as far as the problem goes, tricky,however as you have already tried another lnb, that can be discounted, (by the way some 0.6lnb kick the arse of 0.3's, so no worries there).

it sounds like you've done a good job setting your dish up if you are receiving 2d at all, though admittedly a lot of people who dont tune in 2d, simply havent fine tuned their dish first, leaving other people wondering how they are getting it.

as far as receiving only 2d vertical, it sounds like a side lobe in your area, meaning that the 2d vert signals are easily receivable on the vertical transponders but hard on the horizontal, which could actually work out quite well for you.

if you're missing channels just add regional variations with other channels option, as the bbc and itv has channels on both vertical and horizontal, see www.lyngsat.com.

regards
Rich
http://connect.to/skysweden

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600