Horizontal versus Vertical on 2D

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
I'm writing from Madrid where all the vertical frequencies, including 10.818 (which has the recent Islandic tests), 10.906 (UTV, Grampian etc) amd 10.876 (Box Office) are a lot stronger than than any of the Horizontal ones.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Is it the strengths of the frequencies themselves???
(some of the horizontal frequencies when they come in do appear stronger than others i.e.10.744more than 10.921)

Or does this sound more like a dish allignment or lnb skew problem??

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
This is really difficult to explain without the pictures of the various signal spectra. See my other topic for more information:

Sky Digital in southern Europe

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Hi
You are at the extreeme of the footprint and strange things can happen. I'm at the other extreeme close to the Stockholm area in Sweden. Here the Horizontal transponders are quite a lot stronger than the vertical. So in other words I can get ITV1 but ITV2 and the other channels on that transponder is not possible to get.

Cheers
puffin

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
You are quite right to note that at the satellites designed footprints recieving signal edge, that individual transponders are recieved at different power levels.

Here there are many factors that influence this including
the power output/load for each TWA ( Travelling Tube Wave Amplifier on board the satellite)
Local climate/ atmospheric absorbtion/ ground radiation noise conditions etc.

If you have a signal analyser it would assist in identifying the differances at your recieving areas.

A majority of the satellite providers do complete out of foot print investigations but very few are ever made availible to the public.

Regards

Old Satellite