Local Satellite System
My Location
Bangladesh
Hello friendz.
I m from Bangladesh. is the
Hot Bird 13°E works at my country?
My country's position is on almost 90
°E.
So is it possible to receive channels if i buy Hot Bird 13 & use it at Bangladesh?
Plz help me. if not, then what system i should use to watch adult channels?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theoretically, the Hotbirds are just, and I mean just above the western horizon in at least parts of Bangladesh

http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/hb8.html

However the elevation is less than 5 degrees so unless you have an absolutely perfect view of the horizon with no buildings, trees or hills out to your southwest you dont have a chance.

The dish size required is also to be considered. In north western India some of the Hotbird channels can be received on 8 feet diameter dishes - you would need bigger than that to get it.

Realistically 13E is not any use to you, (and the likely desired TPS channels that show the s_x films will be closing at the end of May anyway) so you need to investigate some of the Russian satellites instead. have a look in the India & area sub section on the forum - theres loads of info on there about reception ofRussian channels.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
Analoguesat said:
Theoretically, the Hotbirds are just, and I mean just above the western horizon in at least parts of Bangladesh

http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/hb8.html

However the elevation is less than 5 degrees so unless you have an absolutely perfect view of the horizon with no buildings, trees or hills out to your southwest you dont have a chance.

The dish size required is also to be considered. In north western India some of the Hotbird channels can be received on 8 feet diameter dishes - you would need bigger than that to get it.

Realistically 13E is not any use to you, (and the likely desired TPS channels that show the s_x films will be closing at the end of May anyway) so you need to investigate some of the Russian satellites instead. have a look in the India & area sub section on the forum - theres loads of info on there about reception ofRussian channels.

nice info sir. so even now we remain thristy for HBs:p. sorry i was out for a long period. nice to c ur reply in this thread.:)