Hotbird 13E & Eurobird 9E

nair73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung DSR 9500A
My Location
UK
Hi Guys,

There might have been similar questions to this one and apologies for repeating, but can someone help me with the following?

I am based in London & receive a few Asian channels on HB 13E . However, a couple of them have moved to Eurobird 9E and I have been told to get dual LNB. Is this the same as a monoblock LNB? Is the spacing always fixed at 6 degrees between the 2 LNBs? If it is fixed, then will it work for me as there is only 4 degrees difference between the 2 satellites?

I use the Samsung DSR 9500A system with a 60cm mesh dish. Would I need an 80cm dish (at least) for the dual LNBs to work? Also, how would I know if my receiver has the Disecq software (I haven't got a clue what exactly this is) to help me switch between the 2 satellites?

I am a complete novice as far as satellites are concerned, so any lucid explanation would be highly appreciated. If you need any more info on my systems, please ask & I shall provide the same ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can do it just like this as well - the 9E LNB is the one on the right.

Be aware that although many of the 9E channels are fta at the moment there is a new pay tv service starting on 9E in the near future called Spize TV. Most of the Asian channels will scramble into this, and subs will not be available in the UK.

Attachments

• 9e_lnb.jpg
    9e_lnb.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 191

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You could also centre on 9e and then offset 13e to the left (front in front of the dish) although I haven't actually done that one...YET :D

nair73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung DSR 9500A
My Location
UK
Thank you very much for your input. I've got a spare LNB which I bought because of an error an installer had made (he told me that my original one was dysfunctional although there really wasn't anything wrong - he was just incompetent!) Can I make use of the second one in order to access the second sat or would I still need to buy a monoblock?

Thank you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Strap the second lnb as shown above, then run a second cable from it to you disecq switch. No need for a monobloc

nair73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung DSR 9500A
My Location
UK
Thanks Analoguesat! Nice to know that I don't need to spend money on a monobloc by being able to make use of my second LNB. Regards.:)