Hotbird art channels help

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Must be OK Topper, the CAM's reading the card :-doh2

Llew

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Llew said:
Must be OK Topper, the CAM's reading the card :-doh2

Llew

Doh:-doh2 missed that didn't I :-doh! that will teach me, zebedee said it's been a hard day today and must be time for bed then....... doiiinnng

Perhaps the o/p is then :-deadhorse and should make the call ;)

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorized. Diablo 2.3 lite cam with cas3 interface.
My Location
Lancashire
Yeah the cards in the right way, Ive been in touch wiv the gezzer who flogged it me. He tells me I need to pop it in a technomate 1500 to activate it then bang it back in mine??

To me that just doesn't sound right but I'll give it a go so I can tell him he's done me up like a kipper.

Any thoughts anyone???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
My card activated in the Dreambox from memory, but I also have a Viaccess CAM for activating the Al Jazeera channels on the subscription. If your receiver has embedded Viaccess, it should work better than a Technomate with multicam.

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
That was my thinking too, well not quite as technical but just thought it didnt sound right.
Ive sent it back to him today anyway. Its a joke really, all I want is the sheff utd l'pool match on saturday!!!

I hear that its on a fta channel on the eutelsat 21.6 east, so i might be getting the tool belt out again all because he sent me a bad card!! What do you expect for £65, should have know better really.

Cheers for the reply rolfw.

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Its what I told you in the beginning-these cards are 90% duff and the advice to 'pop it in another receiver, then back into yours' is par for the course. These guys only want their money-I gave up on mine and sent it back to ART for a refund.
Watch the match on the PC?

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Yes harrowwoman, you must have been spot on. I thought you were saying my receiver was dodge. Anyway, my card is winging its way back to where it came from.

I have been watching the games on the PC up until I decided the hotbird sat was the best option (how wrong was I)!!!

I find the PC footage hard to enjoy, you have to dim the lights and sit 10 ft away from the monitor to get any sort of enjoyment from it and when it stops to buffer.............. ohhhh dont get me started!!!

Think I plump for the eutelsat if I dont get my card back in time!!!

I JUST WANT IT TO BE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
aerialview said:
That was my thinking too, well not quite as technical but just thought it didnt sound right.
Ive sent it back to him today anyway. Its a joke really, all I want is the sheff utd l'pool match on saturday!!!

I hear that its on a fta channel on the eutelsat 21.6 east, so i might be getting the tool belt out again all because he sent me a bad card!! What do you expect for £65, should have know better really.

Cheers for the reply rolfw.

If its on Eutel W6 ayt 21E dont bother - its out of range in the UK as the footprint is spotted into the Mediterranean.

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Again Analoguesat you have helped me out in a massive way.
You have just saved me a days stress.
Well thats that then, fingers crossed Mohamad get me card out before saturday otherwise its another saturday squinting at tvants on the PC.

Analoguesat for prime minister.

Cheers pal

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
aerialview said:
Again Analoguesat you have helped me out in a massive way.
You have just saved me a days stress.
Well thats that then, fingers crossed Mohamad get me card out before saturday otherwise its another saturday squinting at tvants on the PC.

Analoguesat for prime minister.

Cheers pal

:D

I shall campaign on a platform of cheap beer, expensive fags and to bring back corporal and capital punishment.

Flog them. Then hang them! :-rofl2

fromdubai

Regular reader
Reaction score
My Location
Dubai, UAE
This thread was an interesting read..
Just wanted to add my experience. I had a i r d e t o official card from the PEHLA provider here in Dubai. The provider had decativated my card as i had not paid renewal fees for almost 1 year.
In Feb07, I decided to get my card reactivated, i paid up the subscription and they told me that they would activate my card.
After going through lot of calls to these GUYs , they told me that my receiver, a 'starsat ' was not able to detect the activation signal and I should pop in the card into some one else's receiver. I followed their advice and the card got activated, FINALLY!.

So do try another receiver as I have seen in my case, that some receivers behave funny when it comes to activating either new cards or deactivated ones.

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
You've got my vote analoguesat.
Glad you have enjoyed my 1st post on this site fromdubai, I hope it will help someone in the same situation as I was.
Just to update you folks on the situation, I have had an email from the guy who sold me the card he tells me it just needed activating in his technomate. I get the feeling that a new card will be winging its way to me and not my activated old one.

We will see. Hopefully when the card gets here this thread can be closed.

Cheers everyone who has made the effort to post in this topic, you have all helped me in some way and if anything it has kept me going at something that I thought was a dead end. Thanks again.

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Long time no update.

The card came back, activated.

I restored my box to factory settings, put the card in and scanned for the channels. I was watching art sports 1-6 in 5 minutes.

Recently, living on the fylde coast, the wind has blown the shit out of my dish and I have lost the lot. I ve mounted my dish on a more robust mast and been 1/2 in buisness. Just waiting for the wind to do one so I can get back my channels.

Things I ve learn from this venture.

1. Morgan's Viaccess receivers dont seem to be able to activate cards.
2. The on screen message searching for signal = alter the dish position.
3. By altering the high and low setting on the lnb via the receiver helps fine tune the tp freq for 12015 (art channels)
4. Don't use a cranked mast for mounting a dish, they make the dish wobble like billyo in the slightest winds.
5. Don't be scared of just going for it, you learn so much by making your own mistakes.
6. Don't ever give up, in the end it becomes very adictive because you know, it is possible.

Happy satelliting fellas.