Hotbird from UK

tzervos

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
Hi,

I'm using an 80cm dish with a 0.3dB LNB (INVACOM 0.3dB C120) and a Humax IR-FOX receiver. So far I haven't managed to get somewhere... I get a 60% signal strength on the receiver status, but the signal quality is consistently 0% !!!
Is the status related to expected signal from a specific satellite? Is there a way to set the satellite to HotBird for my receiver?
What about the LNB? I read something about Polarization, but I don't know what the correct setup should be for me...
I've also read that digital receivers have a lag in signal detection. Is that lag long enough to cause trouble in my dish adjustments? How fast can I keep adjusting the dish?

Thanks in advance,
Tasos

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Tasos, if you can borrow an analogue receiver it will make the job much easier. If not, you can do it with the digital unit, but you have to move the dish in very small stages. You also have to make sure that the transponder used on Hotbird for the setup, is a valid one.