Hotbird in Oman

paulboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digitall world SFT 5000 + modem
My Location
Oman
hey all, im just trying to sort out this system, i am working in Oman and could get most channels ok and updated my software now and then to keep multivision which for some reason only worked during daylight hours?
now i upgraded to the digitall world SFT 5000 linked to my broadband internet thingy and working on the same large dish with a fuji lnb and it seemed ok but now i only get some C cinema and some other channels for like 4 minutes then they lock up? any ideas? please bear with me as im just new to the site but im a quick learner!
P

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
paulboy said:
hey all, im just trying to sort out this system, i am working in Oman and could get most channels ok and updated my software now and then to keep multivision which for some reason only worked during daylight hours?
now i upgraded to the digitall world SFT 5000 linked to my broadband internet thingy and working on the same large dish with a fuji lnb and it seemed ok but now i only get some C cinema and some other channels for like 4 minutes then they lock up? any ideas? please bear with me as im just new to the site but im a quick learner!
P

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

MV will be leaving HB very soon. probably by the end of this month.
Looks like your box doesn't have an updater for TPS or that you have not tried watching France 4 for few minutes until it clears.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The TPS / MV keys change every 5 minutes or so which is why you lose the picture every few minutes.

As HB 13 says we have info from the TPS website that MV will cease at the end of May, with the whole TPS operation shutting down in the Autumn

paulboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digitall world SFT 5000 + modem
My Location
Oman
Hi, yes thanks HB13 i tried selecting france 4 and it works during the day ok, how that works i do not know but it does! so i can get c cinema now if i do that thanks. product support out here is a little testing at times as i do not speak much arabic.
so 'analogue forever' if im going to lose MV soon then am i wasting my time? i hear it is moving to Astra so if it does then im guessing i need to get a different dish and it may be better as the satelite is closer for starters. im hoping this modem and digitall world ip will help me watch astra. im on a learning curve here but its all good!
paulboy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I doubt you will get the new combined CanalSat / TPS operation - its on 19E. The 19E transmission footprints are vastly different to those of 13E, and favour western Europe.

charly20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Belgium
In Dubai, it looks like you need a 5m to 6m dish to receive Astra 19,2°E, with no warranty.

In Oman, you probably will need bigger.