hotbird on SKY+ box

mahermakki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
star sat digital satalite reciver sr-x180d
My Location
uk london
Hi To all
I have heard that you can view hotbird channels on the Sky+ box by adding a second dish has anyone tried it and if so how to do it.
please help me

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
You'd be much better off buying a seperate reciever & dish set as sky boxes (SD, Sky+ and HD) are limited to only 2 symbol rates, and so you wouldn't get very many channels on the sky+ box from Hotbird. Also, I believe the sky+ box doesn't use just 1 tuner for the signals, so it would switch between the two inputs which would be a bit of a pain!!!

mahermakki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
star sat digital satalite reciver sr-x180d
My Location
uk london
has any one seen a sky+ box that has been unlooked to vew all sky chanals , as I have seen one on sale but not sure if it is true .
any one with any coments please

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
mahermakki said:
has any one seen a sky+ box that has been unlooked to vew all sky chanals , as I have seen one on sale but not sure if it is true .
any one with any coments please

There's no such thing, if you heard it from a friend's mate's girlfriend's mum's nephew's schoolmate's nextdoor neighbour, then don't believe it, sky is as tough as old boots when it comes to even think of "unlocking"...