HOTBIRD problem..need advice

nsese

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nerdie
ladies&gents,

i have a problem with my hotbird, i'm not able to get a good signal for POLSAT groups particulary PLAYBOY,ANIMAL PLANET,DISCOVERY, all channels on the 12xxxMHz...I'm able to get the lower frequencies though. EWTN,BBCWorld etc.
I dont know if my problem is my LNB or my dish.

NOTE: I have 2 separate LNBs connected on the same dish running well on ARABSAT & NILESAT. Hence i was thinking that my dish alignment is good.

any advice?

Thnks!

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
nsese said:
ladies&gents,
NOTE: I have 2 separate LNBs connected on the same dish running well on ARABSAT & NILESAT. Hence i was thinking that my dish alignment is good.

Hi nsese, you get ARABSAT and NILESAT on one dish? Maybe you could tell us more about your dish size, type and location, those satellites are more than 30degrees apart!.... (Nilesat=7.0W, Arabsat=26.0E).. if this is correct then a third LNB somwhere in the middle should get you Hotbird, if its just the high freqs that are a problem on this satellite, then its most probably your LNB (universal lnbs have different circuitry for lower & higher band frequencies) - to check you could swap your hotbird 'lnb' with either your nielsat/arabsat lnb....

-cts

nsese

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nerdie
thanks for your advice , i'm presently in jeddah ksa, yep i used hotbird as my reference, and set-it up in the middle of my dish, my nilesat would be somewhere (if your facing the dish) on the first quadrant, 10-15degrees more or less, then arabsat would be at the 3rd quadrant...almost at the middle part. of that quadrant.
unfortunately i'm using the same type of lnb for all my sats, i might try and look for a more powerful lnb to get more of the hotbird channels.

my dish i believe is about 180cm...at least thats what the previous owner mention to me prior to buying it from him.

enihows thnks for the advice!

cheers!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you get none of the other channels?

Some of the beams have limited footprints http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/13ehb2-4_popd.html# but all are fringe for your area.

PS. If you use the My System section in your user profile and put your equipment rather than "nerdie", people don't have to ask what your system is, similarly with your approximate location.