Hotbird with Sky box

stevenmcn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox
My Location
Scotland
Can anyone help me. My Manhattan receiver has just decided to break down, so in the mean time I wanted to use an old sky box (Panasonic TU-DSB30), to watch the FTA channels on Hotbird and Astra 1c-h. It picks up the astra signal fine, but no signal from Hotbird. The feed is from 2 separate LNB's on 1 dish, and worked fine on the old box. Please help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum stevenmcm

The reason being your sky box does not have Disecq switching to accommodate the 2nd lnb, it will have restricted use anyhow as it has only two SR rates 22000 and 27500.

stevenmcn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox
My Location
Scotland
toppervte33h said:
Welcome to the forum stevenmcm

The reason being your sky box does not have Disecq switching to accommodate the 2nd lnb, it will have restricted use anyhow as it has only two SR rates 22000 and 27500.

Thanks for replying. I'm a bit of a novice to all this stuff, so the next bit might sound daft, but when I was trying the different feeds I was having to try them one at a time since obviously there is only one LNB input.. Would Disecq switching still be needed even for this. Thanks again.

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
You use different Satellites and as you said you had 2 LNBs. Does your receiver supporting 2 IF inputs or not?
If not you'll need a changer first! and then from the changer you'll be able to watch you're favorite channels.

Regards,

Arbi. :-rofl2

stevenmcn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox
My Location
Scotland
d122k7trb said:
You use different Satellites and as you said you had 2 LNBs. Does your receiver supporting 2 IF inputs or not?
If not you'll need a changer first! and then from the changer you'll be able to watch you're favorite channels.

Regards,

Arbi. :-rofl2
The receiver supports just 1 input. I wasn't trying to get both feeds at the same time, I was just changing the feed over. Just thought it strange that I could feed the Astra satellite through it no problem, but when I changed the feed for Hotbird it got no signal. It's only really the Hotbird feed that I want. Again apologies if this is really basic stuff.

Thanks

Steven