hotbird's super beam in Egypt +Thor1

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
hi all
does anyone know how big the dish i need to watch super beam channels of Hotbird's and also Thor 1 nordic beam (C+) in Egypt ? would i pick it with 350 cm? or 450 cm? or more?

i know we are out of its coverage , but i dont know where the frequency will start picking up, on 350 or 450 ! i cant buy more than this, illegal here
give me your openion guyz, and would be great if someone tested it in Egypt

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A 2.4m will give you poor reception of Thor 2 in Egypt according to the Kingofsat beams logs:

h**p://www.kingofsat.net/en/beams.php?s=28

The ame size may give you some reception of Intelsat 10-02 spot 3, but Thor 3 is probably out of range.

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
i have a 350 cm dish ofered for me to buy, but i dont wanna buy this big elephant then get the same channels that a 240 cm get (that i already have)
with 240 cm i dont get the super beam of Hotbird's Sky Italy and some TPS like TPS star .... and from Thor1 i dont get Canal+ Nordic too (i know its not hacked) i just want to know what more i will get with that big dish !

any advice?

thanks alot