Hotmail password changed on its own?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Went to log onto MSN last night and trillian came up with an incorrect password message, then the collection failed in Outlook Express. Tried a login on Hotmail.com and it wouldn't let me, so I used the lost password/reset option and after answering the question, I changed my password to something else and then changed the hint question, just in case.

Don't know whether this is a glitch in Hotmail/MSN, or whether someone had been in there and changed it, anyone else had similar experience?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Checked my hotmail accounts and MSN and all seems to be normal Rolf. So nothing changed while I was relaxing in Poole and Bournemouth this weekend. :)

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Hi Rolf,Last night my msn messenger service asked me to log in and refused my password,and as you did, i used forgot password and changed to a new one,but still could not sign in,but tonight using the new password all is ok............brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cheers Brian, perhaps it was just a glitch then, better to be safe than sorry though, so I've also changed my access question.