Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Anyone using Hotmail? I have noticed over the past 2 days the speed of Hotmail as gone very slow many times failing, showing "the server is too busy" is everyone having this problem? ^-F

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, same here Zansi, I use Outlook express to collect mine and it can tahe an age, before ending up with an error message.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Mine is still ok but I am on a 2meg broadband connection. There are better internet mail services around than hotmail which is now so obsessed with pop- up adverts and also spamming you themselves it might be worth further investigation.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Hotmail still very s-l-o-w on the dedicated hotmail site but OK most of time when I use Outlook Express.

Any reason for this? I have a broadband connection and prevoius to the last week or so had no problem.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
drag0nfly_69uk said:
try talk21.com? it's fast and it's from BT
I think they have changed Talk21 for new customers to 'Basic Mail'. It is web based only so wouldn't allow you to link it to Outlook Express like Hotmail. The paid service for £1.50 per month will allow you to.