How Can I activate Mgcamd 1.0 emu on Gemini 2.6 image on DreamBox 7020s ?

dgavrile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 + HDD 250Gb Samsung Spinpoint, LNB twin MTI, Antena 1.9m polar, diseq 1.2
My Location
Romania
After FTP the file mgcamd_1.00_051112.tar.bz2 to /tmp I’ve installed emu via blue button and set the proper rights CHMODE 755.
Everything seemed to be fine I can see the cam in add-on menu, I can start and stop I can even see mgcam in sysproceses (as sleeping mode) I have plugged the official smart card with a valid subscription (I hope) but I cannot decode (Viaccess + Conax) the channels I was suppose to.

BTW I’ve successfully installed another plug-in Card_Info_Center, which says:
” that displays some infos about the smart cards inserted into the dreambox's smart card readers.
Useful for knowing the subscription status of the card. Works on all 1.09 images when cardserver is running.
This means that Newcamd emu (or Mgcamd) must be installed and activated.”

Of course I’ve got the message that emus are not activated ;-(

Any idea would be very welcomed.
Br,
Dgavrile

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Did you not install it from the Blue Button? Much easier that way and then upload your keys.

What specific channels can't you decode that you think you should be able to?

dgavrile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 + HDD 250Gb Samsung Spinpoint, LNB twin MTI, Antena 1.9m polar, diseq 1.2
My Location
Romania
Yes I think I did, actually I've installed from add-on manual install option (because I don't have a reliable Internet connection yet) and change the permisons of resulting files (CHMOD 755) aftrewords. and yes it appears in the blue menu above with left-right arrows for change. It doesn't work probably becasue of the keys from my smartcard. I should check if it's still valid/active. I reffered to MaxTV (channels) which is from DCS a local Romanian DTH provider; so probably not much interes for you.
... or I shall look somewhere for some test keys ?