How can I activate my Sky Italia card?

W

wod

Specialist Contributor
Messages
4,214
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
thats all you can do is persist, seems i was lucky as i bought from the italian seller as i was messed about from a card seller in the uk and saw the good feedback thought it would be fine. i did use my credit card incase anything happened.

how did you pay as you could raise it with paypal if you still get no joy in a week or so.
 
B

braveheart

Member
Messages
15
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox, Humax, OSN, AD Sports, Al-Jazeera Sports, Star TV and Sky Italia
My Location
Bahrain
Sadly I paid him directly through money order. I think coincidently we bought both or Sky boxes from the same Italian seller by the way.
 
B

braveheart

Member
Messages
15
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox, Humax, OSN, AD Sports, Al-Jazeera Sports, Star TV and Sky Italia
My Location
Bahrain
Success! My reciever and card are both finally working! The signal was sent today on the last day of my vacation sadly, but at least I can finally watch my channels! Thank you all for your support!
 
rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,870
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Good news, got there at last.:)
 
Lazarus

Lazarus

Tout Rond Bon Oeuf
Staff member
Messages
25,595
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Phew!

(Enough characters to make it up to 10)
 
M

maxib

Member
Messages
11
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Hi all, could I resurrect this thread as I am getting a bit nervous about something similar happening to me. I have bought a subscription in Italy to sky and am awaiting the box to arrive. I would like to use it in England when I go back there. I haven't asked sky italia to send out an installer with a dish as I am not going to have a dish installed here in Italy (they're a bit fussy in this condominium with things like that and plus I was hoping that I can use skygo to view over here in Italy when I need to). I have a normal satellite dish in London which picks up the italian channels fine and my cousin has stuck his sky hd (Italia) in there and it worked just fine. I'm just a bit worried about how to activate it. Can I activate the card in England or does it need to be done in italy (I'm hoping not as I dont have a ddish here in italy!)? Was wondering if I could activate online or does the card and box need to be connected to a dish already? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
 
J

jdseasider

Regular Member
Messages
72
My Satellite Setup
english sky, spiderbox 7000, 1.1m triax dish with tm2600 motor, Acer Aspire 5542
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, North West England
presuming its the same scenario over there just ask for a self install and they will send the box card etc out to you. As for the other post, glad you got your card on. Im using a supplier from italy and when the box +3 cards arrived in good time i must add, i then emailed him each card number one by one and they came on within 5 mins of my emails. Was a bit weary at first so just bought the one. He is an offical supplier over there and legit thank god
 
K

kevstarkie

Member
Messages
24
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
jdseasider said:
presuming its the same scenario over there just ask for a self install and they will send the box card etc out to you. As for the other post, glad you got your card on. Im using a supplier from italy and when the box +3 cards arrived in good time i must add, i then emailed him each card number one by one and they came on within 5 mins of my emails. Was a bit weary at first so just bought the one. He is an offical supplier over there and legit thank god
Have you got his details you can send me. thinking of getting a sky calcio hd pack and am looking around for the best prices.
 
D

DragonSat

Regular Member
Messages
135
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (DRX890C with 2TB Drive) connected to a boring basic sky dish
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
Sky ITA - Not yet connected
My Location
York
Yes Self install is the way forward. I install Sky Italia, Sky UK, most things here in Naples. Many Americans have Sky ITA and they believe that an engineer has to come, nope. You can just order online and have the box delivered (To an Italian address)
 
M

maxib

Member
Messages
11
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Hi thanks for that. I've ordered (an FINALLY received, after a lot of shouting down the phone in Italian at sky and their couriers) a sky hd box and the card. What I'd like to know is whether I can activate it WITHOUT a satellite dish (as I don't have one out here on holiday in Italy) by going online or over the phone. If I do need a dish to activate the card, then I think I have two options: either wait till I get back to UK to activate or try to activate here at a SKY service shop. Does anyone know if activating from the UK would cause any problems?
Thanks

PS. How do you find this thread from the main homepage - cant find sky italia in forums section?:confused
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
47,080
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
maxib said:
Hi thanks for that. I've ordered (an FINALLY received, after a lot of shouting down the phone in Italian at sky and their couriers) a sky hd box and the card. What I'd like to know is whether I can activate it WITHOUT a satellite dish (as I don't have one out here on holiday in Italy) by going online or over the phone. If I do need a dish to activate the card, then I think I have two options: either wait till I get back to UK to activate or try to activate here at a SKY service shop. Does anyone know if activating from the UK would cause any problems?
Thanks

PS. How do you find this thread from the main homepage - cant find sky italia in forums section?:confused
Its:

Forum
Satellite Channel Packages
Satellite TV Packages - Information
Sky Italia
 
Lazarus

Lazarus

Tout Rond Bon Oeuf
Staff member
Messages
25,595
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If you click on Thread tools and then Subscribe, it should make life a little easier for you.
 
M

maxib

Member
Messages
11
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Its:

Forum
Satellite Channel Packages
Satellite TV Packages - Information
Sky Italia
Tivù said:
If you click on Thread tools and then Subscribe, it should make life a little easier for you.
:-righton

Thanks guys. Of anyone has any experience of activating from UK that'd be great. I need to activate it before 28th if I am to receive the promotional gift!!
 
W

wod

Specialist Contributor
Messages
4,214
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Cards update on sky UNO channel so make sure this channel is on.

is it one of them cards off the auction place as they are usually activated by the seller, mine was, must get another with it expiring recently.
 
M

maxib

Member
Messages
11
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
No, it's direct from Sky Italia, subscription all set up - although had I known a bit more about these other sellers, I might've looked a bit more into that! I'm just wondering if there would be problems with me calling from UK to set up. Only reason is that I've been trying to get tickets for a game out here and, as an international member, I have been given a line to call from abroad - but there is no response to the call I make from my fixed line out here in Italy, so I was wondering if there is some way they can tell you are calling/not calling from Italy.
 
Top