How do I add a new satellite to Dm500HD?

NikPash

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been trying for days now to find a way to add a new satellite but I am unable to do so.
In my Tuner Menu, I see satellites from 42E to 7W. I want to add 30W too. Is there a way to do this directly from the box's menus?
If anyone can help me it will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Nik.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello
Welcome to the forum NikPash

All the information you require is in the dreambox section and the one below is from the idiots guide, but the thread will more than likely still help despite being written for the old 500SD, of course this is all assuming you have a motor fitted but as there is nothing in your equipment profile to tell us nobody can know that apart from you
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...-questions-tips-tricks-rtfm-3.html#post828123

NikPash

Reaction score
Hello Topper,
Thanks for your reply!
I had a dm500 and had it replaced last month. Although this was relatively easy to setup, the 500HD is much more difficult. In this case, the satellites are defined in the tuner menu and I could not introduce a new one. Therefore I could not scan it. I do believe this is a relatively new machine and most of the posts on this subject date back to 2006! I agree the principle is there, but it's the detail that lacks.
I have a horizon to horizon motorized dish but cannot be utilized due to the problem mentioned.
Still, if anyone has experience with the DM500HD and knows how to define a new satellite, it would be of great help.
Regards.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Fair enough a software development has obviously taken place. From my perspective welcoming a new poster I have to make a judgement based upon the information given in the profile and detail given in the post and guide the poster accordingly but it does not help me or others to assess the abilities of a poster when there is a complete absence of information as in your profile.

jhon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have got 1.2m motorerized dish with technomate 6900 hd combo
super,but iam thinking of buying DM 8000 reciever.
My Location
birmingham,u k
hi nikpash,
i have dm box500hd,it setup is not user frinedly,frist go menu -setup-tuner-configration,iam using motor,this how i set all the satellite in positioner setting.go menu -setup-tuner-configration advance slect the
sateellite e.g hotbrid 13e ,lnb 1,bo to where it says "use usals for this sat say no" and store the postion 1,
and write it down on the paper,then goto next satellite e.g astra19e give it postion 2 and so on. or you can do
one sat at atime.
step2---go to postion setting press red button for tune a window open slect predifene transporter and satillete you will see now satellite hotbrid 13e after locking the sat go to postion stroage 1 press green button for storage.(NOTE if some reason you can not see the satellite in TUNE----GO BACK TO FRIST STAGE IN TUNER CONFIGRATIN slect sat give it postion 1 then trunoff thebox on again now you go to postioner setup you will see the sat hotbrid 13 in tune and do the setting.)
step 3----now go to MANUAL SCAN where it say typ of scan---change single transporter to single satellite and go down to SATELLITE--- slect your satelitee.g hotbrid 13e and OK FOR scan and job done and do the next satellite like this.

NikPash

Reaction score
Hello jhon,
Thanks for your reply.
I wish I had the chance to PM you.
Nik.

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
there is a file called 'satellites.xml' which is in the /etc/tuxbox directory - this controls what transponders and satellites are available.
If this file doesn't specify a particular satellite - you won't be able to select it from any menu.
You will need to know how to transfer files to your DM!
You can create your own satellite lists from:-
_http://satellites-xml.eu/