How do I DiSEqC more than 4 LNBs?

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
How do I DiSEqC more than 4 LNBs? Do they do 5, 6, 7 or way DiSEqC switches? Do you have to do some form of cascading?

Motorised isn't an option for me (rented flat) and I like the benefits of stationary - I have a twin tuner PVR!

So I want to get two feeds of 13e, 19e, 28e, 30w and 5e/5w/8w

FWIW the first three will be on my outdoor dish, whilst 30w will be on my indoor Porty dish and 5e/5w/8w will be on my indoor Sky dish (not made up my mind what that's gonna be pointed at - it'll kinda be moveable!)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See This Switch, works using DiseqC 1.2 Satellite motor settings.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Skip Channel said:
So I want to get two feeds of 13e, 19e, 28e, 30w and 5e/5w/8w

FWIW the first three will be on my outdoor dish, whilst 30w will be on my indoor Porty dish and 5e/5w/8w will be on my indoor Sky dish (not made up my mind what that's gonna be pointed at - it'll kinda be moveable!)

Come off it... you're just trying to get in the magazine again :p O-Ha

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
You know, I didn't get a penny for that picture and they didn't even send me the edition with my dish in it. Okay, I was cheeky and asked if they could possibly give me a years sub :D but then look what they give the readers who send in the Letter of the Month!

Me, bitter? ;)

In a moment of madness I was gonna stump up for it yesterday when I happened to be in the only local shop that stocks it - and when I looked it was January's! :-doh! Oh well, that's £4 that can go towards a twin LNB or two! :D

Anyway...

I serious about DiSEqC-ing 5 LNBs, but as I'm on a tight budget I might have to just do with 4. It's going to be cheaper with just 4 and a lot easier. That'll still mean those four major birds 13e, 19e, 28e and 30w. For real TV channels and radio stations they're the best ones IMO (certainly with the dishes I have).

And then my 5e/5w/8w minidish could just feed my other satellite receiver. Wouldn't be able to record on it but there's not a great deal to receord on those. Same goes for Picture-in-Picture - not really neccessary for the occasional viewing they'll get.

BTW how do people with those Torrodial dishes get the dozens of LNB feeds into one receiver? I'm guessing with a switch like rolfw suggested?

gorm

Reaction score
Skip Channel said:
BTW how do people with those Torrodial dishes get the dozens of LNB feeds into one receiver? I'm guessing with a switch like rolfw suggested?

not necessarily. If your reciever supports DiseqC 1.1, then using a 4-way DiseqC 1.1 switch cascaded with 4 4-way DiseqC 1.0 switches you can connect up to 16 lnbs.

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
DiSEqC "Version 1.0 & 1.2" - that's what the Fortec website says about what my receiver supports. No mention of 1.1. The model is "Ultimate"

gorm

Reaction score
Skip Channel said:
DiSEqC "Version 1.0 & 1.2" - that's what the Fortec website says about what my receiver supports. No mention of 1.1. The model is "Ultimate"
No mention usually means no support. Take a look at the user manual for a topfiled 5000 which says that it supports 1.1. You will see that the setup allows for cascaded switches. My TM supports 1.0 and 1.2 and has no menu setup which allows 1.1. Rolwf's 8/1 switch is your only answer for your STB

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
My Fortec Ultimate does say on the front flap that it does DiSEqC 1.3 - Not sure what DiSEqC can do at this level. The specs, like I said, only say 1.0 and 1.2....

Wait, looked at the manual - that's USALS. Don;t know much about that but that's got something to do with motorised IIRC. I guess that's what the 8/1 uses?

gorm

Reaction score
use this link _http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/usals.htm
for explaination of 1.2 vs USALS.
The 8/1 switch looks like a DisEqC motor to your STB