How do I get a new USB-stick working?

helho2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000
My Location
Nordic
Hi
Being a brand new user of the Dream 7000 with Hydra 1.09, I wonder how to get a new USB memory stick working. The old stick has a physical problem, but works when kept at the correct angle.
How do I manage to migrate everything from the old stick to a new one?
Anyone got a step-by-step guide for a Linux and Dream 7000 novice?
Thanx.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure whether it would work, but you could just try copying the files to your computer, then copying them back onto the new stick, if it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
rolfw said:
Not sure whether it would work, but you could just try copying the files to your computer, then copying them back onto the new stick, if it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.

I would do the same, should work though. But its a dreambox and like my wife Ops wont go there.

helho2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000
My Location
Nordic
I have tried a direct copy using FTP from the old stick to my pc, then starting with the new stick, and ftp-ing it back. But with no luck. It wont show any pictures, and my
selfcreated favorites are missing.
And a strange thing, that mount/unmount isn't working.
Do you know what the stick should be formatted as: disk or part1?
Seems to be something basic problem somewhere...
Open for suggestions!
Thanx for quick replies!
-Helho2-

helho2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000
My Location
Nordic
Additional:
I now got my favorites back, but the "Providers" sais "Service removed", but the number of entries seems to fit the number of services I got on my old USB-stick.
And I notice that bullz_txt does not load during startup.
I receive all info about the program running, at the bottom/top of the screen, but the
picture and sound isn't there.
Waiting and hoping...
- Helho2 -

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
helho2 said:
Additional:
I now got my favorites back, but the "Providers" sais "Service removed", but the number of entries seems to fit the number of services I got on my old USB-stick.
And I notice that bullz_txt does not load during startup.
I receive all info about the program running, at the bottom/top of the screen, but the
picture and sound isn't there.
Waiting and hoping...
- Helho2 -

Did you back up your settings, these can be loaded back on. I continue to lose my settings when messing around with things but always load them back on with my saved settings with FWpro

helho2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000
My Location
Nordic
Eeehh... being a novice... how do I load back my settings? Or even better, how do I back them up, and the restore them? I've taken backup through the panels in the DCC.exe program that I use. Or do you mean through the OSD-options?
Thanx!!
- Helho2 -

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
helho2 said:
Eeehh... being a novice... how do I load back my settings? Or even better, how do I back them up, and the restore them? I've taken backup through the panels in the DCC.exe program that I use. Or do you mean through the OSD-options?
Thanx!!
- Helho2 -

Download a programme called Flash wizzard pro 5.0, Enter your ip adress of the dreambox in it ie (192.168.1.24) See communications panel on dreambox menu to see what you set yours at. Go into config and utilitys/receive and save dreambox services. Then when you want to put them back on hit the send all services button. The settings will be saved in the fw pro folder under my last settings.
Then if you want to save your image, go into install a firmware into flash memory and hit the flash image backup button. Hope this helps you out. Lets know if it works ok for you. John

genoSUAVE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7020
Dreambox DM7000
Modified Prime Star 46X30 Dish
My Location
Dixie Land, USA
If you use the Pi2 image for your DM7000 you can mount, format, and activate the USB card right through the image to share in your RAM duties. You can then check to see that it is set up properly by using DCC to telnet into the DB and type in "free". It will show you how much free RAM that you have and you will see the USB swap file there that you created.

You can also check the swap file info under the Info Manager in the Extras menu.

geno

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
genoSUAVE said:
If you use the Pi2 image for your DM7000 you can mount, format, and activate the USB card right through the image to share in your RAM duties. You can then check to see that it is set up properly by using DCC to telnet into the DB and type in "free". It will show you how much free RAM that you have and you will see the USB swap file there that you created.

You can also check the swap file info under the Info Manager in the Extras menu.

:-Welcome1

genoSUAVE

Good post - any other Dreambox goodies you would like to share with us?