How do I get access to Astra 19.2 channels

phpedersen

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just go my dish/head adjusted to Astra 19.2, as I would like to be able to see a lot of both the encrypted and free channels on Astra. I still have not bought the receiver.

Can anyone recommend me what reciever to buy - and how to get access to as many as possible of the encryted Astra channels ??
(have heard that Dreambox is powerfull - but probably overkill for me)

This Sat stuff is new to me - so any advice will be highly appreciated.

br
Peter
E-mail address removed by admin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't buy a receiver for your immediate needs Peter, think ahead, your needs will almost certainly change. If you go for one of the Dreambox clones or a UCAS receiver, it should afford a bit of future proofing.

Most, if not all of the information you require is here in recent threads.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
If money is tight, Buy second hand try a free add paper or go to ebay. Buy one with a cam, Ir..Via..This will help if you want play later, you know, hobby stuff.

ricknt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Provider Supplied Atlas STB
PC: generic AMD powered.
My Location
Australia
rolfw said:
Don't buy a receiver for your immediate needs Peter, think ahead, your needs will almost certainly change. If you go for one of the Dreambox clones or a UCAS receiver, it should afford a bit of future proofing.

Most, if not all of the information you require is here in recent threads.

Could someone please point me to a list of Dreambox clones. I haven't yet been able to find any. Just the Dreamboxes themselves, which I can't justify the cost of at this stage.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
The iTGate TGS 100 uses the same software as DM7000. As for clones don't know of any except for those chinese dm500s counterfeit.