How do I get an image to look at the card reader?

earlybird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7000S
My Location
UK
Hi guys

I'm a newbie to the sat scene, but have some experience with linux receivers previously.

Just got myself a 7000S to dabble with. Installed a 250HD with the intention to record movies etc using my subscription S*Y card.

The question I have is, how do I get an image to look at the card reader on my box by default to see the channels I have subscribed to rather than prompting me for a transponder scan?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

l

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

Have you read The Guide?

You need to scan the satellite, install an emu (newcamd or CCcam) and generally configure your Dreambox.

earlybird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7000S
My Location
UK
Thanks for the reply.

Yep, read the 'Guide'.......Just didnt quite understand the concept of having to 'scan' to create a services.xml rather than having the image pointing to just the 'services' that I have already subscribed to on the card!

When I scan, I get a lot of obscure channels which I dont really want!! lol

Ok back to playing around with the box!! :)

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
before you can switch to ANY channel, your box needs to know which channels are available on the satellite(s) you use. That's why you need to scan first. Once done scanning, you can buid your own sat-lists which include only those channels you want. it's not like a sky box where the channel list is "directed" from above, with a dreambox you have to do it all yourself.
tip 1 : search for & install dreamboxedit on your pc, and use this to create your own channel lists.
tip 2 : you can download "ready to use" channel lists from the software download menu.
tip 3 : to use your sky subscription card, it's easiest to use the CCcam softcam. Insert the card with the chip facing downwards in any of the 2 card slots.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
that I have already subscribed to on the card!

It doesn't work that way. The card decrypts the channels; you have to add those channels to your Dreambox. If you don't want to scan (which takes all of 5 minutes) upload PET123 channel list. And then create a favourites bouquet.

A Dreambox is not an out-of-the-box ready to go easy solution; it needs a little bit of reading, trial and error.

You can't easily break it :)

earlybird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7000S
My Location
UK
Right that makes more sense!........I was following the chain of thought that since the channel lists were on the card, why would I need to do a scan, and as such the image on the box could simply be pointed to these 'services' already on the card.

I understand it more clearly now I think!!.

JTA, can I just confirm then that any configuration of the card reader slots is done within the appropriate emu config?

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
yes, but why make things difficult ?
install CCcam as emu, no need for any config files, and it works directly with your Sky card.
other emu's do need config files and these must be configured correctly (though most basic settings are allready correctly filled in). Not all emu's work with nds cards, though ! You can also use newcamd, or gbox, but that's as far as I would go. And these emu's need a cardserver. Not so with CCcam, this works right out of the box !

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome to the dreambox world, Earlybird. you could by the way load up a ready made setings list from a number of sources, some images like the Gemini have them for loading through the blue button. But the best thing is to do your own scan, and use dreamboxedit to sort out your own "clean" viewing list. Then all you have to do is back it up onto your computer and you will be up and running in no time whenever you load up a new image.

earlybird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7000S
My Location
UK
Thanks guys.......installed a Gemini image. Added CCcam 1.30 as the emu and all subscribed to channels from s*y card working fine.

Only thing that I had to edit manually was to put the movie and sports channels into the bouquets, since the original scan I ran didnt pick them up!

Will play around with some other images over the weekend. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Good to hear you are up and running. Did you use dreamboxedit for the buquets??

earlybird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7000S
My Location
UK
Sorry for late reply.......Yep used DreamboxEdit 2.02 to clean up the bouquets and then send back to the box. Nice app!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yep, most useful thing. Just a tip: You can clean off data stations as well as empty bouquets to keep it nice and tidy. There are some interesting features there, just have a play with it.

picc2001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
XIRILANKA
earlybird said:
Sorry for late reply.......Yep used DreamboxEdit 2.02 to clean up the bouquets and then send back to the box. Nice app!!

Hi,

There are many pre-configured files with updated info about satellites / channels...

See: h**p://www.satellitesettings.net

Hopping it will help you...

Regards,
Picc2001