How do I get animal planet in UK?

adammarshall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I dont have one at the moment
My Location
uk
I know very little about satellite TV and am looking to receive animal planet in English language only. If I want to receive this do I have to pay subscription to sky or are there other European providers who carry this channel cheaper or for free?

What is the cheapest way to get this, and what equipment do I need to purchase?

Thanks Helen

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Animal Planet is a subscription channel on Sky UK. Its not available free anywhere in the skies above Europe, so you are looking to subscribe.

One of the Sky packages is the easiest way to get it in the UK, at a minimum subscription of 16 quid a month (minimum contract 1 year)

Check the Sky.com website for the package its in.

adammarshall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Thanks for your post, you say it is not available for free anywhere in the skies above Europe. In that case do you know if any foreign provides carry this channel (in English language) for a subscription charge that is cheaper than sky?

Also I thought this cannel aired in America?? Is it possible to receive from one of these satellites for free or lower price than on sky?

Thanks for your help as I don't know a lot about these things.

Thanks Helen

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Top up TV Anytime is probably the cheapest option and you can get that via your aerial.

adammarshall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Ok thanks I did not know you could get it on topup TV anytime. Do you know how much they charge? Also I do have a satellite dish and wiring in the house, as it was already installed when I moved into my new house. I just don’t have a decoder box.

Thanks Helen

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
adammarshall said:

Also I thought this cannel aired in America?? Is it possible to receive from one of these satellites for free or lower price than on sky?

We can't see any of the satellites that serve America, as they are below the horizon for us.

:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
adammarshall said:
Thanks for your post, you say it is not available for free anywhere in the skies above Europe. In that case do you know if any foreign provides carry this channel (in English language) for a subscription charge that is cheaper than sky?

Thanks for your help as I don't know a lot about these things.

Thanks Helen

Whilst Animal Planet is available on various pay tv platforms in Europe:

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=animal+planet&standard=All

they will only be cheaper if you can subscribe in the country involved - if you have to use a uk based reseller some of the packages are frighteningly expensive! For a sat based solution Sky is going to be your best bet.

You cannot get it via any of the Yank sats - they are either below our western horizon due to the curvature of the earth, or not available as the sats are beaming into the continental USA.

adammarshall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Ok thanks for your advice. It looks like sky or topup TV will be the only way to go, although on topup TV I don’t know if you get the full channel?

While on this subject does anyone know of any other animal channels apart from animal planet? Preferably that I can get free in Europe (English language only) or alternatively on a cheap subscription.

Thanks Helen

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
adammarshall said:
Ok thanks for your advice. It looks like sky or topup TV will be the only way to go, although on topup TV I don’t know if you get the full channel?

While on this subject does anyone know of any other animal channels apart from animal planet? Preferably that I can get free in Europe (English language only) or alternatively on a cheap subscription.

Thanks Helen

There are no free channels. Such channels would be bundled in a very expensive foreign packages, like Nova (from Greece) and Polsat (Poland)
There are two channels from ABSat (Now called BiS
_http://www.animauxtv.fr
_http://www.chasseetpechetv.fr
They are dubbed in French and the origin is probably in English.
Cheapest method, is probably Sky.

adammarshall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
ok thanks for your help

Helen