• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do i recieve

heiman

My Location
pj::
I was just wondering what would be the best reciever or solution to recieve the FTA(?)Channels at "Telstar 5 97oW?"

would i need to go motroised? I already have at 60cm dish, but im not sure if this would be of any use at all.

Hope anyone could help me on this one of which equipment i need.

regards
Heiman

ckrys1

My Location
Don`t know where you live, but if it`s in Europe, ther`s no chance. I think the horizon is about 70 degrees east and west, and therefore you`d have to be at 27deg west (middle of the Atlantic!) or west of that to have a chance with any equipment. What do you want to see there anyway?

Ckrys1

heiman

My Location
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Nov-01 AT 07:38 AM (GMT)]Hi, im in LONDON, UK... i want to recieve the foriegn channels like VTV, and the south-eastern asia channels aswell... that none of the euro satellites offer these?
so theres no way of viewing these?

update: I just found out that the channel i want is @ 27.5oW(INTELSAT 605 and 8.oW (Atlantic Bird) 15oW(Telstar 5)..any good??..if so is my 60cm dish ok or do i need a motorised?..which system is best of picking it up?
coz i am not sure if it is FTA

Regards

Heiman

w hole

My Location
uk
Hello Heiman

If you have alook at the Lyngsat site

http://www.lyngsat.com/,

you will see there the type of encryption used.

You would then be best advised to find out if any of the 'codes' are available -unless you want to pay the subscription of course- before you invest too much in equipment.

Regards

W Hole

ckrys1

My Location
Yes- these 3 satellites are all receivable from London - I get them all from Dundee with a 1.2m motorised system. London is nearer the equator (above which all the TV sats are), but I think you may need to go up to 80cm or more to get reliable reception. If you go to www.lyngsat.com you will find the `footprint` of all sats,ie the area to which they transmit, size of dish required, and list of all channels available. You will also obviously need a digital sat receiver with positioner or Diseqc capability.

Hope this helps

Ckrys1

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Both satellites can be received in London on a 1m dish (probably slightly smaller)

I trust you are only looking at the Ku band channels. C band from 27.5West is a different system requirement altogether

heiman

My Location
OK, thanks for your help people!... can anyone tell me if the "VTV" @ 27.5w-intelsat- OR 8.0W (ATLANTIC BIRD) is free, or do i need to pay?
and are the channels at 15.0w are free? such as TZU TV, MAC TV, and so on?
if anyone knows please get back.
thanks

regards
heiman

w hole

My Location
uk
>OK, thanks for your help people!... can anyone tell me if
>the "VTV" @ 27.5w-intelsat- OR 8.0W (ATLANTIC BIRD) is free,
>or do i need to pay?

Hello Heiman
If you have alook at the Lyngsat site