My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I am using hydra lucien as I am a bit of a noob and fancy changing the skin

Lucien unlike other images I have found out about does not appear to support downloading and installing skins from the internet.

The skin I have picked was from http://dreambox-skins.de.vu/ and is called D-Box2 World Style V3

If anyone has installed a skin themselves and can shed any light on this subject I would really appreciate it.

I have checked on a few forums and found nothing.

haggard

My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
longstockings said:
I am using hydra lucien as I am a bit of a noob and fancy changing the skin
Dear Pippi
I decided that one of the prices for a stable image that did a lot of the work and made things so easy was a boring skin.
It does have a good point. It is very clear in the top right little icons, which encryption system is being used. I also decided in the end, that the skin only gets looked at when zapping or d/loading and that most of the time I would be watching a movie or the foot or something else, like Sky News without the Ocean Finance adverts.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Is their no way then of achieving this with the hydra lucien image ?

So my only option is to have a usb pen drive or hard disk with multiple images installed or wait to see if the hydra team add a feature to add skins via internet connection

Does anyone know what images support downloading / updating skins from the image

On an unrelated note what do you call the Dreambox Software

i.e Dreambox OS, Dashboard

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
On an unrelated note what do you call the Dreambox Software i.e Dreambox OS, Dashboard
The OS is Linux - open source running on an IBM Power PC

The Power PC also runs Apple's latest Macs and the Nintendo GameCube!

haggard

My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
The OS is Linux - open source running on an IBM Power PC

The Power PC also runs Apple's latest Macs and the Nintendo GameCube!
erm
the G5s have 2 GHz dual 64 bit IBM processors which have a bit more bite than the one in the DB. . . .

actually longstocking, it may be possible to add more skins to Lucien, but I don't know. I just wanted to say that I also wanted a bit more tazazz but settled for grey in the end.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
the G5s have 2 GHz dual 64 bit IBM processors which have a bit more bite than the one in the DB
Does the G5 cost you under £300 then?

The GameCube is under £80 and uses a custom made 485 MHz 'Gekko' IBM Power PC chip!

haggard

My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
Does the G5 cost you under £300 then?

The GameCube is under £80 and uses a custom made 485 MHz 'Gekko' IBM Power PC chip!
Indeed no Gameboy, nothing like under 300! Thats their main problem.!
And that leads in to our basic purchase philosophy :-
for processors and hdd, never buy the latest generation because of R&D/novelty cost.
If you get the previous version when a new gee-whizz fast processor comes out or a factor 2 higher hdd, it will be at least a factor 2, if not 4 cheaper per processing power and GB hdd. Of course sometimnes you cant resist, like I could have had a 160GB hdd for DB for less than 70 quid but went and lashed 230 for a 300GB Maxtor. I have to say, I have to press my ear against the DB to hear/feel the drive, its so quiet.
We got a stack of G5 Xserves because we want to put Red Hat Linux on them, for various reasons, and thats our R&D. We switched them on in July and they havnt had one reboot since, despite continuous software R&D on top of the Unix OS. I cant say that about my DB!

djlemur

My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
longstockings said:
If anyone ... can shed any light on this subject...
The skin(s) live in the directory /share/tuxbox/enigma/skins
There should be two files, a .info and a .esml.
Once there you can select them by:
{Dream}->Setup->System Settings->OSD Settings->[blue]Change Skin

HTH