My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I am using hydra lucien as I am a bit of a noob and fancy changing the skin

Lucien unlike other images I have found out about does not appear to support downloading and installing skins from the internet.

The skin I have picked was from http://dreambox-skins.de.vu/ and is called D-Box2 World Style V3

If anyone has installed a skin themselves and can shed any light on this subject I would really appreciate it.

I have checked on a few forums and found nothing.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
longstockings said:
I am using hydra lucien as I am a bit of a noob and fancy changing the skin

Dear Pippi
I decided that one of the prices for a stable image that did a lot of the work and made things so easy was a boring skin.
It does have a good point. It is very clear in the top right little icons, which encryption system is being used. I also decided in the end, that the skin only gets looked at when zapping or d/loading and that most of the time I would be watching a movie or the foot or something else, like Sky News without the Ocean Finance adverts.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Is their no way then of achieving this with the hydra lucien image ?

So my only option is to have a usb pen drive or hard disk with multiple images installed or wait to see if the hydra team add a feature to add skins via internet connection

Does anyone know what images support downloading / updating skins from the image

On an unrelated note what do you call the Dreambox Software

i.e Dreambox OS, Dashboard

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
On an unrelated note what do you call the Dreambox Software i.e Dreambox OS, Dashboard

The OS is Linux - open source running on an IBM Power PC

The Power PC also runs Apple's latest Macs and the Nintendo GameCube!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
The OS is Linux - open source running on an IBM Power PC

The Power PC also runs Apple's latest Macs and the Nintendo GameCube!

erm
the G5s have 2 GHz dual 64 bit IBM processors which have a bit more bite than the one in the DB. . . .

actually longstocking, it may be possible to add more skins to Lucien, but I don't know. I just wanted to say that I also wanted a bit more tazazz but settled for grey in the end.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
the G5s have 2 GHz dual 64 bit IBM processors which have a bit more bite than the one in the DB

Does the G5 cost you under £300 then?

The GameCube is under £80 and uses a custom made 485 MHz 'Gekko' IBM Power PC chip!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
Does the G5 cost you under £300 then?

The GameCube is under £80 and uses a custom made 485 MHz 'Gekko' IBM Power PC chip!

Indeed no Gameboy, nothing like under 300! Thats their main problem.!
And that leads in to our basic purchase philosophy :-
for processors and hdd, never buy the latest generation because of R&D/novelty cost.
If you get the previous version when a new gee-whizz fast processor comes out or a factor 2 higher hdd, it will be at least a factor 2, if not 4 cheaper per processing power and GB hdd. Of course sometimnes you cant resist, like I could have had a 160GB hdd for DB for less than 70 quid but went and lashed 230 for a 300GB Maxtor. I have to say, I have to press my ear against the DB to hear/feel the drive, its so quiet.
We got a stack of G5 Xserves because we want to put Red Hat Linux on them, for various reasons, and thats our R&D. We switched them on in July and they havnt had one reboot since, despite continuous software R&D on top of the Unix OS. I cant say that about my DB!

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
longstockings said:
If anyone ... can shed any light on this subject...
The skin(s) live in the directory /share/tuxbox/enigma/skins
There should be two files, a .info and a .esml.
Once there you can select them by:
{Dream}->Setup->System Settings->OSD Settings->[blue]Change Skin

HTH