How do i update keys so they arent expired on diablo cam?

lyall08

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
k
My Location
hereford
Hi there. I have a Diablo Cam Lite and im trying to update the latest keys. I've read numerous amounts of guides and read-me's but none of them have worked so far. When i put my cam into my reciever it comes up with a message like "Keys expired" or "Caids expired". I update the cam with the latest stealth file and i also search for the latest key files to update using Cas Interface. Do i need to run Fausto or do anything with that program? Like i said i've followed so many guides but none of them seem to work and i still get the same damn message! )(-red

So if someone could give me a link to a detailed help file or explanation of how to do so i would be very happy.

Many thanks
Lyall

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Which package / channels are you trying to open?

lyall08

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
k
My Location
hereford
Well im actually doing this for a friend. The problem is we dont have alot of knowledge about the product but i've tried to read and understand it. Basically he can get a few channels (i'll be able to be more specific when i see him) but he says the majority of the channels come up as "keys are expired" or "caids have expired". Is there anything specific i have to do apart from load the latest stealth file? I've tried overwriting the keys.bin file under the ftp section on cas interface too with the latest keys.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You didnt answer my question........

lyall08

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
k
My Location
hereford
That's the problem. Im trying to get any possible channels i can with the Diablo Cam but it just says "keys are expired." The channels dont have a name when i flick through them. Im not sure what package / channels the diablo cam is supposed to unlock thats why im trying to find out.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ok next question - which satellite are you looking at.

lyall08

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
k
My Location
hereford
The reciever is a technomate 7755, a 1 metre dish tuned into 14 satellites.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Motorised or fixed dish. If its fixed I guarantee its not picking up 14 sets of satellites!

Give uis some of the free channels you can actually see and we will identify them.

lyall08

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
k
My Location
hereford
Yep, its a motorised dish and at the moment the free channels i can pick up are:

Turksat, eurobird, astra, astra 3a1d, astra 19.2, eutelsat, hotbird, eutelsat w3a east, serious, thor, atlantic bird 3, hispisat.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Check that your CAIDs and k*ys are actually correct in the CAM menu in the receiver.

Let's pick an easy one. Go to Astra 19E and select a Pr*mier channel.

In your CAM menu, go to Main Menu/Keys/Current Channel K*ys Edit/

Check you have CAID 1801 - Provider 000501 K*y ID 96

Select this line and verify you have the correct k*ys. (Check against the current set on a suitable upload site).

If CAID and k*ys are correct, it's probably a problem with your STB.
(Don't know your receiver, may have an old patch causing problems in there?)

Llew

lyall08

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
k
My Location
hereford
this may seem like a stupid question but how do i get into the CAM menu?

Also, is there anything i have to do after putting the st*alth file onto the cam using CAS interface. Do i have to put the latest K*ys on? Or Caids? Or use Fausto for anything?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
As I said, I don't know your STB, but they're pretty much the same - find in your menu 'Common Interface' or 'CI Module', then Stealth 1.85 or whatever you are using.

1.85 is the latest Stealth, you don't need to update this ATM for Pr*miere.

CAIDS are all present. To check, go to Configuration in the CAM menu - all eight sets of them. Astra 1 CAIDS should be arrowed if you are presently on Pr*miere.

Don't need to use Fausto if everything's working properly.

If you don't want smartcard expiry nagscreens, turn off smartcard messages in the configuration menu.

Llew