Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7025
Gemini 2.20 image
Technomate Diseq motor
80cm dish
My Location
uk
Can somebody please advise me on the procedure to set up Diseqc 1.2 on my DM7025:confused
thanks

robbieb43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
London: 1.1m Triax, Stab 100 + 3 fixed 60cm, VU+, Qbox Mini HD, DM800, Echostar HDS600
Canaries: TM 5402, Dm800HD, Qbox Mini HD, DM600, 1.4m, 2 x 1.2M, 1.0m, 0.9m fixed.
My Location
London and Canaries (Costa Teguise)
My advice is to use the Gemini image which makes it a synch - provided your motor is compatible.

I originally had a Superjack 120 and I could not get it to work for love nor money, despite the installer showing it working on a Technomate. I changed installer and he advised on the Stab. He installed it very carefully using a spirit level etc - this is important for the next bit to work. You then simply enter you lat and long on the positioner set up menu (configure the Tuner to the postioner option and it gives you the menu). Use a good source of lat and log like google earth or heavens-above, and go down to 3 decimal places. The the rest as they say is magic :-). download some setting that cover the sats you want and simply select the channels and the USALS will find the sat.

Many thanks to a friendly bunch of guys in from the installer in Camden (near Euston) who did such an ace job sorting me out, BTW.

Rob

slimymushroom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7025
Gemini 2.20 image
Technomate Diseq motor
80cm dish
My Location
uk
got the usals working but i want to use diseq 1.2 manual sat positioning as its always better in my experience.

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
slimymushroom said:
got the usals working but i want to use diseq 1.2 manual sat positioning as its always better in my experience.

I'm soon going to install a motorised system for my 7025, and I was going to use USALS. I have no experience of motorised systems - why do you think Disecq 1.2 is better?

slimymushroom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7025
Gemini 2.20 image
Technomate Diseq motor
80cm dish
My Location
uk
billnot said:
I'm soon going to install a motorised system for my 7025, and I was going to use USALS. I have no experience of motorised systems - why do you think Disecq 1.2 is better?

because you manually set the position of the required sats and it means that you aren't having hope your receivers calculations are correct.if you get your longitude & latitude wrong you wont receive anything.

robbieb43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
London: 1.1m Triax, Stab 100 + 3 fixed 60cm, VU+, Qbox Mini HD, DM800, Echostar HDS600
Canaries: TM 5402, Dm800HD, Qbox Mini HD, DM600, 1.4m, 2 x 1.2M, 1.0m, 0.9m fixed.
My Location
London and Canaries (Costa Teguise)
My 7025 is back with the manufacturer as the moment so can't say 100% but I am pretty sure this (1.2) was also working OK also. I think if you use the the step west/step east to top the signal then save, it recalcs the other sats. Make sure that when you use this, you use the tuning menu (menu 1 ? from memory) of the posititioner set up to get a valid transponder first, and use the zap back to channel option once you save. I recall this is what worked for me on lining up on weak sats.