how does splitters with power passing on all ports works?

A

afzal_q

My Satellite Setup
universal 6ft satellite dish with melbon receiver
My Location
mumbai,india
I have just added 4way splitter with power pass on 1 port , i am getting all vertical and horizontal signal from my cband dish on power passing port , but getting only vertical channels on 2,3 and 4 port ,this is ok with me as the users of the 2,3 and 4 port want to watch only vertical channels,

now my problem is that i have to keep power on the power passing stb for others stb's to get signal

so if i add a all port power passing splitter,will it solve my problem

i am wondering which stb will be controlling the polarity of my lnb as all will be passing power to lnb , can you shed some light on these ,can you tell me how does splitters with power passing on all ports works?

ps: i am using to recieve channels from intelsat 10 ,68.5 east. all stbs are meant to recieve the same channels from satellite

Lazarus

Lazarus

Tout Rond Bon Oeuf
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
These Splitters are really for use with Multi-switch Systems, to split the LNB signal before connecting to multiple Multi-Switches.

• "Single Port" models pass polarization power on only one port so that only one multiswitch controls the LNB.

• "All-Port" models pass polarization power on all ports so more than one multiswitch (and connected receivers) can control the LNB.

If you are using it simply to split a signal direct to multiple Receivers, then conflicts will occur if you attempt to use more than one Box to control the LNB Polarity and Band Switching.