How easy is dish alignment with beeper?

blackninja

Reaction score
Hope I got the right forum.

I'm a total novice to all this but was wondering how easy it would be to move my sky dish from 28 East to 19 East and then back again without losing the reception. How straightforward would this be with a sat beeper (and possibly compass)?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Quite easy and the more you do it, the easier it gets. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
blackninja said:
Hope I got the right forum.

I'm a total novice to all this but was wondering how easy it would be to move my sky dish from 28 East to 19 East and then back again without losing the reception. How straightforward would this be with a sat beeper (and possibly compass)?
When I used to move mine backwards and forwards manually between Astra 1 and Hotbird (my dish that is!), I made myself a 'jig' out of some stiff cardboard (...no laughing now... there was no sticky-backed plastic involved at all...) so that I didn't have to keep breaking out the meter. Once I found the two satellites, it was a snap. You will have to lift the dish up very slightly to find 19.2 from 28.2.

I still treasure that piece of cardboard.... I'll put it in my museum before I die...

STICK