newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
Please could someone tell be which way I have to move my dish to find hotbird, I am pointing 19 deg e at the moment. My dish is mounted on the corner of my shed and is pretty limited how far it can be moved?. Also does the monoblock have to be at an angle once I have located hotbird?.

J

Jeff_19341

If you have got your monobloc you can see the separation between the two satellites. The direction is to the west. Pictures show a normal set up hotbird is the centre focus.

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
So I have to move it a few inches then, could be a problem as the dish will only move about 2 inches due to it being monted on the corner of a wall. If I post a picture of my dish could you tell me what you think?, I may have to get a sat installer to position it for me.

J

Jeff_19341

It's the far end of the boom arm that holds the LNB that moves about 2 and a bit inches. That is to the left if you are facing the dish, the dish also needs to go a tad higher.

You could try it the other way round. Do not alter the dish. Put in your monobloc so that the Hotbird lnb is on the right and slightly lower if you are facing the dish. ie dish still focused on 19.2 east.

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
Thanks you can confirmed my thoughts. I think im going to have to move the dish or change the wall bracket in order for me to move it that amount. I will give at sat installer a call and see how much he will charge me.

Thanks for your help.

J

Jeff_19341

Try it without moveing the dish, as you are closer to mainland europe you should be better off for the signals from Hotbird on the offset.

Just checked with my dish, rim moved less than 2inches about 4cms moveing from 13 to 19east, 1m dish.

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
Ok I will give it a go tomorrow. Would I be best to keep the single LNB on till I find hotbird? and will I have to tilt the dish up as well as moving it left?.

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
I tried to install the Monoblock with the main focus as Astra 19 deg. The Skystar 2 software states Astra is on diseqc "simple b" but when I go to hotbird and try to set diseqc "simple a" it says there is no signal.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Astra side should be B, this will not change, whichever side you have in the clamp.

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
Sorry yeah Astra is on diseqc "simple b" at the moment.