how good is jonsa 4.2m sat dish

mjs1006

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Mallorca,satellite technician
how does the 4.2 and or the 3.2 meter jonsa dish perfoms?I have tested the 1.5 offset dish and get same results as Mabo 1.85 offset(aluminium) and Laminas 2.0x 1.8 offset(fiberglass).Thankyou,mjs1006

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Jonsa, are well known for the production of smaller dishes and have quite a good reputation. However as far as Iknow they do not make a 3.2 or 4.2 themselves ?

The 2.4 prime focus range is known to produce ok results as well and value for money

The 3.0 mtr mesh is very similar to that of KTI and generally do not perform as well as solid dishes on KU band frequencies but them a majority of mesh dishes are the same.

regards

Old Satellite

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
mjs1006 said:
how does the 4.2 and or the 3.2 meter jonsa dish perfoms?

I sell & install 4.2 Jonsas in North Cyprus.They are as good as the installer assembling them.Being petalised dish means reflector surface consists of 10 pannels.The dish performs at its best when these 10 pannels are put together in their ideal position.A bit tricky to get the geometry of the dish correct when there are so many pieces.

iceman

Coviello

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Prodelin 11ft (335 cm)
Windows 2000 XP
My Location
Southern Italy
iceman said:
I sell & install 4.2 Jonsas in North Cyprus.They are as good as the installer assembling them.Being petalised dish means reflector surface consists of 10 pannels.The dish performs at its best when these 10 pannels are put together in their ideal position.A bit tricky to get the geometry of the dish correct when there are so many pieces.

iceman
Just some questions:

1) For people living in Italy what is the best way to purchase a 3.2 m Jonsa dish? I am afraid, no Italian satellite dealer sells Jonsas.
2) What about the price (more and less)?
3) As far as know, both 3.2 and 4.2 jonsas are prime focus Az-El dishes. How to equip it with a polare mount in order to have a motorised dish?
Coviello

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
iceman said:

iceman

What sort of price (CYP)?
Geoff
Vrysoulles

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
@Coviello
1-Jonsa only sells by the container,they dont process orders less than a container.
Not a lot you can do if there is no importer in Italy.
2-Jonsa Dishes are cheaper,compared to western manufactured dishes.
3-Jonsa 4.2m is too heavy to motorise....its 366Kg.

@Geoff
Please check your PM....

iceman

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
iceman said:
Being petalised dish means reflector surface consists of 10 panels.The dish performs at its best when these 10 panels are put together in their ideal position.
iceman
I read elsewhere that the tolerance on the dish surface needs to be better than a tenth of a wavelength, so the error must be less than 2.5mm. Assuming the quality is good, I guess the pieces must be manufactured to maybe ten times better than this or 0.25mm (or 10 thou for the non-metricated). So I see what you mean when you say that the accuracy of the assembly makes a big difference.

Out of interest, do they have some sort of system for accurately aligning the different petals or do you do it by eye? I would have thought that you would need at least some sort of precision reference hole that aligns with a matching pin on the next petal to guarantee anything like the accuracy required.