how good is the tuner sensitivity of dreambox 800?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
hi!
can anyone tell me,that has alrady purchase the dm 800 how good the tuner sensitivity of dreambox 800 is
same then on dm 500 or better?

in other boards i read that the operation temperatur,of dm 800 ,will be very hot,normaly,when the used external powersuply like on dm 800,the temperature,should be low!

on alsat board if i rember right,i have read,that is curencly imposible at the moment,to load canal digital chanels of 1w into dm 800,coz of a firmware bug,can anyone confirm this?
same then on kathrein ufs 910 with old 1,3 orginal firmware,and some topfield reveivers,after the upgrade comes out,everything was okay,but it would be intrsting,what exactly canal digital has been changed,that some reveivers needs an update ,and others not?

the dreambox 8000 is coming at the end of the ifa in berlin for 799 euro
curencly also diseqec problems on dream 800?

Prodelin

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Tunisia, Prince Of Persia
Don't buy DM800.

They have severe hardware problems with their box.

Many users report they can only see HD channels for only 3-4 minutes after it locks up.

People have tried to cool the box with different solutions and still locks up.

However a few people have no problems so it seems that the box got dreadfull quality control check before they ship them out.

My suggestion would be to wait as the market is still not mature when it comes to HD boxes.

Only box i would look at today would be the Vantage 8000S, buy a nice Diablo 2.3 CAM to it and you can watch Canal Digital Nordic and many other channels for time being.

stephenr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coming soon!
My Location
UK, south
Don't buy DM800.

They have severe hardware problems with their box.

I disagree with this statement above,

I am a proud owner of a DM800 and I can say the HD decoding is fantastic. SD channels also come through better quality than my other box (DM7020).

I have not experienced any locking or problems at all. This is viewing at many different methods (FTA BBC HD and even on PremHD/C+ etc. ect. using CS).

The only thing we DM800 owners need is the new version of Cccam. Patience!!

The box will run a little hot, but no hotter than the DM500. If this is a concern, Buy a laptop cooling bay.

Just one last note................ Buy your new Dreambox from a authorised dealer.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
hello!
thx for your statement!
is the curent ccam not wprking propertly or what is the problem at the moment?
on other boards i read dm 800 has problemes with canal digital o 1 west,some reveiver like kathrein and topfield was a frimewire upgrade neserarsary coz you only see artefacts,like on low signal,can anyone confirm this on the on 1w conax channels?

dreambox 8000 comes now out in aproximently 2 month i hope price then of dm 800 goes down,then the new upcoming box is much more expensice 800 €:)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I've had a DM800 for about 6 weeks now. I run gemini 2 v3.6 and CCcam 2.09.
Everything is working great. I receive all sats from 30w to 28.2 east with no problems at all.
All HD channels are working great.
There is a known problem with the bar display for signal strength, DMM have commented it will get fixed with a software update.
There is a known problem with NDS cards in the DM800. This is due to sci drivers. Again this will hopefully get fixed with software update.

I am pleased with the box so far.

stephenr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coming soon!
My Location
UK, south
is the curent ccam not wprking propertly or what is the problem at the moment?

Sorry, I may have confused things. The current cccam 2.0.9 is working fine.

The issue I have is the DM800 will not read my Sly-UK card, I am hoping that Cccam 3 will recitify this. However as B16MCC states it could be a software update that is needed too.

Bon chance!

pya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
My Location
Belgium
B16MCC said:
I've had a DM800 for about 6 weeks now. I run gemini 2 v3.6 and CCcam 2.09.
Everything is working great.

I have a DM800 for 5 months now. I would not say that "everything is working great", but with last Gemini firmware (v3.8) many problems were solved. By the way I had no hardware problems at all, the product seems well designed. The heating is not an issue, and with the last boot software (0.62) things are improved.