how good is the tuner sensitivity of dvb t usb sticks for pc?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i plan to buy a dvb t stick for the pc and laptop,now the offers in the auction house are realy cheap,btween 5 and 7 €,from china the have combination of old alaouge and dvb t together,would be maybe good,outside europe,when iam on holiday,then i can watch analouge tv on the notebook,but how about the tuner sensitivity,are big diffrence,in the quality?

are also dvb t sticks avalible that have a normal antenna connector,mostly it is a smaler one for the indoor antenna intslef!

the bigest "problem" are the interfering signals,when the signal is inside the house not so strong,from the pc or notbook itself!
i plan,to make a plump box,around the pc tower,that i can block the signals so good posible,to make the reception better,i will see how good it works:)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Turok said:
Hello!
i plan to buy a dvb t stick for the pc and laptop,now the offers in the auction house are realy cheap,btween 5 and 7 €,from china the have combination of old alaouge and dvb t together,would be maybe good,outside europe,when iam on holiday,then i can watch analouge tv on the notebook,but how about the tuner sensitivity,are big diffrence,in the quality?

The DVB-T is digital. You will not be able to watch analogue TV with it.
Also in countries that have DTT, the specific country broadcasting specification may not be supported by your USB stick.
Consider analogue TV cards (US:cool: instead.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
sure i know that dvb t is digital,on some chinese websites the ofer also combination sticks for analog tv also,i have usb tv card here from hauppauge,when i take this with me outside euorpe i can watch,also the only avalible analouge signal in asian countrys,over this card !

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Check which countries you are likely to visit have DTT and their broadcasting system. If no country has DTT, then there is no point in taking the gadget with you.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Turok said:
sure i know that dvb t is digital,on some chinese websites the ofer also combination sticks for analog tv also,i have usb tv card here from hauppauge,when i take this with me outside euorpe i can watch,also the only avalible analouge signal in asian countrys,over this card !

What will you do, adapt your suitcase to take the required large aerial..:)..don't forget the same principle applies with digital terrestrial as with digital satellite. A strong signal is required for a lock....it is either there or not with analogue you can put up with a snowy picture, with digital you will not get anything as the required threshold is higher with digital