how i can repair corrupt jpeg header,in a picutre?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!

can anyone explain me,is there a way,to repair or reconstruct a corrupt jpeg header?

in my holidays,i make many pictures of logos,on thailand tv stations!

before,i bought a sony magic gate 16 gb memory stick,in the beginning everthing was okay,i make pictures like normal,but after one week the stick stop recogneized by the camera,after i come home,i seen on the feedback of the seller,that he sold fake memory sticks!

now the strange thing,every camera that i try,handle ,the stick diffrent,in the hd camcorder not recogneized,but with my pc cardreader,and other cameras,i can read the data out!

mostly,the tumbnail of the pictures,in the camera,and also under windows looks okay,but not the picture it self
some picture show me a error like hoffman data jpeg error,but i dont find a way at the moment to restore !
the tumbnail,like a already told ,looks okay,but pixel is full of pixel error!

i attecht some pictures now,that everyone,can see the result!
the prictures tumbnail,of picture with number 00024 for e.g,looks okay,in windows tumbnails,but not in the tumbnail when i upload here,on the board,very strange!
thanks for your help!
another last question,how i can convert raw picture media data into jpeg?
i donnt have cd for my alpha camera!

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00085.jpg
    DSC00085.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00082.jpg
    DSC00082.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00094.jpg
    DSC00094.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 84

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Hello Turok.
It looks as if one of two things happened here.

1: The information was never properly written to the card, in which case its lost for ever.

2: The information was written to the card, but now the PC cant read it properly. If this is the case, you could try using something like File Scavenger to try to recover the data.

The reason you can see the thumbnails but not the whole image is because usually the thumbnail is not part of the main image itself. Its written separately in a different part of the file which apparently has not been damaged.

Good Luck :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I would delete the files on the stick and then recover them using Convar PC inspector smart recovery. Often programs such as this have file reconstruction algorithms built in as standard. Certainly has to be worth a try.

Strangely enough the headers are OK since that is where the thumbnail information is stored, it is the file itself where the problem lies.