How is a sky dish measured.

cableman

Reaction score
And before someone says 'with a tape', my problem is this. I bought a product described as a Raven 60cm sky region 2 dish on ebay. When it arrived it measured 75cmx55cm and is visually too big for my freind for whom I was to install it. I have questioned the seller over this and they assure me that the '60cm' is a calculated effective dish size related to its gain. This he tells me he has been advised by Raven, the company. Is this chap right about this? Any help appreciated. Regards to all.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Your friend is correct.

The Raven dish has a special design (parabolic vertically and cylindrical horizontally, I believe) which allows it to have many focal points in front of it for satellites on either side of the one it's pointed to in the centre. Each LNB position "sees" a 60 cm dish.

cableman

Reaction score
PaulR said:
Your friend is correct.

The Raven dish has a special design (parabolic vertically and cylindrical horizontally, I believe) which allows it to have many focal points in front of it for satellites on either side of the one it's pointed to in the centre. Each LNB position "sees" a 60 cm dish.
Thank you PaulR for your very informative reply. I now feel a bit stupid but better educated. Much appreciated. Cableman,