How is it posible

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Ive added to my setup.. and ran a sly box off my motorised..

1 cable from dish comes into the house.. through a faceplate into a pass power splitter.. one cable goes into sly box.. other goes to technomate.. which controls the dish.

But i can watch bbc1 on both boxes at the same time.. and all the other fta channels... this is great but how is it posible if one is already using horizontal ??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Of course you can watch the same channel on both boxes at the same time - the tone and voltage settings being sent to the lnb are the same state. The clash happens if you want to watch opposing states (high band-low band or tone on-tone off settings)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Ha cheers didnt realise :)

One question, the loop on the back of the box.. does that allow you to watch the same channels??

cant believe i spent the hole of 2 mins trying to work out why i could watch the same channels..

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
with lnb loopthrough .....

There's 4 lnb "polarities", so - at any one time - you can only get a quarter of a satellite's channels using both receivers together.

if either receiver "asserts" 18v, that puts lnb into "horiz", and if either "asserts" 22khz that puts it in "hi band". Depends what channels are selected on both receivers together. Messy!

Only way round this is a small multiswitch.

(if just by chance, selected channels on both receivers have the same polarity, then yes you can watch same or different channels on both together, otherwise not).