how,long is the keyupgrade time of a ch4/5 Card&chirp Sound on Thomson Skybox?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i have a channel 4/5 card,long time not use!
can anyone tell me,how long it needs,that the new keys will be written on the card,now i wait nearly 5 hours,and nothing happens,its posible that my hard is deaktivated,or does this never happens on a normal freeview card,with the yellow house on it?

since 3 days my thomson digibox sudenly have chrip sound,on every channel,what this could be?

now i have 3 skyboxes one dsb 30 panasonic,with software freeze in the windwos,searching for new channels after power up,nothing hapens,dsb 31 Panasonic with power supply fault..
does any one have a new power supply for me,for this model?
and now,the thomson box,with the unclear chripy sound,since a couple of days...

should i all put in to the basket,or maybe easy to repair,i dont know!
thx for your help:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Turok said:
Hello!
i have a channel 4/5 card,long time not use!
can anyone tell me,how long it needs,that the new keys will be written on the card,now i wait nearly 5 hours,and nothing happens,its posible that my hard is deaktivated,or does this never happens on a normal freeview card,with the yellow house on it?

The free to view cards from Sly do get deactivated eventually, but only for a good reason. In your case you probably just need to leave it in the receiver for longer, like overnight or something. I don't think it is unknown for the channels to not all come back at the same time also. Start investigating when they have not come back for a couple of days.

Robbo:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 35 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
When I get the chirp sound on my Sony Sky unit it means I need to do a forced download and after having done that the unit is fine and does not chirp anymore