how,long is the keyupgrade time of a ch4/5 Card&chirp Sound on Thomson Skybox?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i have a channel 4/5 card,long time not use!
can anyone tell me,how long it needs,that the new keys will be written on the card,now i wait nearly 5 hours,and nothing happens,its posible that my hard is deaktivated,or does this never happens on a normal freeview card,with the yellow house on it?

since 3 days my thomson digibox sudenly have chrip sound,on every channel,what this could be?

now i have 3 skyboxes one dsb 30 panasonic,with software freeze in the windwos,searching for new channels after power up,nothing hapens,dsb 31 Panasonic with power supply fault..
does any one have a new power supply for me,for this model?
and now,the thomson box,with the unclear chripy sound,since a couple of days...

should i all put in to the basket,or maybe easy to repair,i dont know!
thx for your help:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Turok said:
Hello!
i have a channel 4/5 card,long time not use!
can anyone tell me,how long it needs,that the new keys will be written on the card,now i wait nearly 5 hours,and nothing happens,its posible that my hard is deaktivated,or does this never happens on a normal freeview card,with the yellow house on it?

The free to view cards from Sly do get deactivated eventually, but only for a good reason. In your case you probably just need to leave it in the receiver for longer, like overnight or something. I don't think it is unknown for the channels to not all come back at the same time also. Start investigating when they have not come back for a couple of days.

Robbo:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
When I get the chirp sound on my Sony Sky unit it means I need to do a forced download and after having done that the unit is fine and does not chirp anymore