How many bikers on forum?

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
Any bikers on the forum? I've had many over the years, got rid of my Fireblade last year, recently bought a Suzuki GSXR1000,
Good fun, but it's getting dangerous out there!
May get to Donnington this year to watch the GP (July 13th)
Regards
haga

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Its only as dangerous as you wish to make it

Ive got a couple of large capacity machines and a few smaller ones. Most of them are sourced as carboard box basket cases, and a few even make it back onto the road as they were originally intended

The main enjoyment comes from the assembly of them, when I know theres more important things to do in the home.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Only two then !

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
Oh well, the thought was there, just you and me then, they dont know what there missing.
regards
haga

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I very much doubt that you two are the only bikers on the forum, perhaps bikers are a shy or secretive breed. :)

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I do know what i would be missing,18 weeks in traction and sunday roast,apple pie and custard mixed together thru a straw!

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
But why talk about only the good points !

Gravel rash, hypothermia, sodden through after one of the heavier downpours, bugs in the teeth, wasps inside the visor, dirty London streets in the summer sun, pushing the thing when youve run out of petrol, walking miles when youve had a puncture.

Yep, its got a lot going for it

M1JWR

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza st550,
1.2m prodelin offset dish,
12in jack/echostar polar mount,
invacom c120 lnb/channel master feedhorn
My Location
The Debatable Lands
Had bikes since 1978, now run a XJR1200, wonderful thing ,got it nearly 5 years ago,ran a Z1000J for 10 years before that,ive still got it,past bikes have been Kwack Z750L,Honda CB650Z,Suzi X7,Yam DT250MX,Kwack KE175B, And SUZI TS185,not many really, tended to keep them for a while,used to love the DT250 MX got it new in 1981,wish i'd never sold it,the TS185 was the first bike i ever owned,and it still lives locally,it was a tough old thing,it was just over a year old when i got it.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
@CH, lol mate, you forgot to mention some of the dozy car drivers who think you can stop on a shilling and get out of their way, and the oil and diesel spills on roundabouts etc, good fun though.

@M1JWR, youv'e had a few bikes then mate, I started with a BSA C15 (250), Aerial Arrow supersport and leader, Matchless 350, Norton Jubilee, Triumph Bonneville, Norton Commando through to Kawasaki Triple (cant remember model) various trial bikes, Bandit, Fireblade and at the moment a GSXR1000, had loads of others but cant remember some.
haga

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I had a Beezer C11G, Fanny Barnett, Tiger Cub, Pedalo and wait for it...............a Douglas Flat Twin with external fly wheel and hand gears on the tank.

Unfortunately, a friend who I also worked with was killed practising in the I.O.M and I really lost interest after that.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Stop on a shilling! Blimey mate you were well off.In my day sixpence was all we earned,tuppence on beer tuppence on fags,1 penny on loose women,and we would fritter away the rest......................brian

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
do m.z's count? :confused
first road bike was an m.z. simson 50cc enduro in striking orange, not as reliable as the larger models, but believe me - just as ugly!
that put me off two wheels for another 6 yr.
then bought a gsxr 400 slingshot, kept it for 3yr, went without again for a year and 3 weeks ago bought a zxr750h.
the lad sold it as seen for 400 quid due to having a a serious electrical fault which had the bike breaking down every 5 mile.
i ran it till it broke down and tried not to laugh as i pretended reluctantly to hand over the money, whilst listening to the vacuum caused by a blocked breather releasing pressure from the tank, which was the whole problem!!!!
its got all new tyres and a brand new full micron road exhaust.
another 100quid on oil, a number plate,brake pads,brake switch and i had my m.o.t.:D

needless to say, im a happy chap.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
@dishdoctor, Ahh, they were the days, not that I remember them of course.
@dr.gonzo, no mate mz's dont count, nor do scooters or bloody FS1e's, anything less than 150cc aint a bike, it's a moped! lol
haga

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I was thinking about it, but got put off.

My neighbour passed his bike test and bought a shiney new Honda, was a powerhorse that thing.

6 months passed and unfortunatley he got run over and killed by a car in an accident in London.

plus the wife.

Dunno what scares me most.

M1JWR

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza st550,
My Location
The Debatable Lands
my brother had a 350 power valve,it was a wicked evil thing,it killed a guy in the 80's,took him ages to sell it,he was an LC man for years,then he got a GSXR750,has had it for about 10 years now,back then,say pre 90's bikes were a rebellious thing,now thats changed a bit and they have become a freedom thing,so genie if you feel the urge, go for it, you are missing a great thing,if you do the job right and BE CAREFUL you'll be ok.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Must be difficult selling a bike when youre pushing up daisies :D

Small bikes do count (Ive still got the second SS50 I owned plus an MBX80 thingy. Still scares me how fast it can go into bends and stop compared to the heavier stuff I ride.

M1JWR

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza st550,
My Location
The Debatable Lands
Took my brother ages ,they get tagged dead mans bike and nobody really wants to know about them,exept the odd person who gets a kick out of it,i forgot to mention i had a CD175(easy to forget)about the time quadrophenia came out 3 of us decided to get 60's looking bikes,we got CD175's put megaphones on them and tried to terrorise the local neighbourhood,we thought we were really hard,scruffy long haired guys ,loud crap bikes,unfortunetly for us the CD175's couldent hack it and they all blew up,but it was fun while it lasted.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Used to have a couple of CD175s myself, great despatch bikes but top end oil starvation led to a number of replacement cylinder heads after long journeys

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I have a long history of biking: BSA M20 1942 Model, BSA M21 1960 with sidecar, another one 65 Model, Triumph Thunderbird 650 1965 Model, BSA A65 1965 Model, Norton Dominator Model 7 1942 , Norton ES 2 1964, BSA A7 & A10, NSU OSL 501 1937 Model, Honda Silverwing GL500, Suzuki Katana 650, Vespa 125 GT 1966, Yamaha XTZ 660, Honda CB750 Bol'dor, Kawasaki LTD 750, Honda CBR 1000 F, Honda VFR 400 NC30, Ducati 900 SS 95 model, these are all bikes I have owned throught the years.
Of those, 3 i got still in pieces: Norton Model 7, BSA A65 and the NSU.
And in between owning all those I also have been on lots of other interesting bikes (that happens when you work in the bike industry)

Currently I mostly ride BMW's, we got at work all the current models, and my favourite is the BMW 1100 S which is all tricked up with our special parts...:D

TG

P.S please have a look at my posting on the Sky Digital Forum, I need help!!

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
very nearly 1 less!!!!!!
my front brake started making a permanent clicking noise but seemed to work ok.
when i got home i had a look to see what was wrong.
the pin which holds the pads in place in the caliper had come out (id forgot to put the split pin in to hold it)and subsiquently the pads started to drop out the bottom of the caliper and the clicking noise was the pads getting hit by all the bolts which hold the disk in place.
luckily it was raining so i was riding gingerly, but a very close call,
also anyone planning on going to the lakes over the weekend, mobile cameras are in opperation on the a6, a66 and a595.theres 2 and theyre opperating all thru bank holiday.
i found out the hard way in the work van :(
im just playing a waiting game now, im praying for 3points and a fine.