How many "clicks" to move the dish 1 degree?

tux233

Reaction score
Hi

How many clicks (or short presses of the east or west buttons) do I need to move the dish 1 degree with a vbox II and SuperJack 24" actuator.

I presume 1 click of a Diseqc1.2 command via receiver = 1 click via VboxII remote control.

Best Regards

Tux233

gasth404

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat3500CUCIsuper
+Manhattan5900
+HumaxVA-ACI
motorised dish
My Location
Baltics
I think it depens at motor and receiver. With my receiver and motor one click is around 0,1 degrees its mean from HB to Astra1 about 55 clics

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I think it varies from one system to another. The easiest thing to do is find a sat, for instance 13 east, and then move the dish in single clicks to 28 east and count the clicks. This will give you the rate for your system. I have used this in the past and it works ok.

tux233

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Will have to check the "clicks" for my system then. I will be setting up the Andrew/Channel Master 1.8m dish soon and thought that if I had this info I could "click" the mount +- 2ºE to 15W ( from my Long. 16.8ºW), peak it at 15W, click back 2ºW and that would be my south. Would make life allot easier :D

BR

Tux233

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well, I think you are complicating it a bit. if you got the got o xx, put in your long/lat, and then choose a channel on 15 west. The motor will turn , and when it has stopped you try to find 15 west by moving the whole motor and dish. Once you have the best signal you should get all the other sats without the need to count clicks.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, you are genuinely better off setting up on your due south for a more accurate track.

With DiSEqC 1.2 you can say 'drive east 2 degrees from where I am now' as well as the absolute (goto x.x) command 'drive to 2 degrees east' if your receiver supports it.

Counting clicks is OK for minor adjustments, but as T_G says, you're making life hard.

F

FoneFreak

T_G said:
Well, I think you are complicating it a bit. if you got the got o xx, put in your long/lat, and then choose a channel on 15 west. The motor will turn , and when it has stopped you try to find 15 west by moving the whole motor and dish. Once you have the best signal you should get all the other sats without the need to count clicks.
do u deffinatly mean 15 west and not 1 west?. so if 15 west is setup good most others should fit in?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
He does mention his location is 16 east. It is best to start the setup with the dish pointing as straight forward as possible, i.e on the 0 of the motor. That is why in the UK 1 west is the one to use. If you were to use 1 west from another location then the dish would already be tilting and the fine adjustment is more difficult. I have doen it myself using 13 east because I could not get the one i needed (tree), but the results were better once I used the described method...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Oh yes. You can't cheat science :D