how many difrent version,of chapparal corotor exists?optimeizing Kuband Gain,on Mesh?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!

Good Morning!
does anyone know,what are the difrents,of the chapparal corotors version 1 and 2,and the international versions exists,but not all,are the same quality,some is better,then the other,told me the seller,of my echostar 2,40 m Antenna on ebay,but,he forgot what modell it was,coz he sell everything in the past long time ago,with one chappral corotor,he says,he could optimeized the kuband gainwinning,up to 40%

here,are 2 pictures,of my 2 corotors ,both looks,difrent,from front view

a dealer,told me in the past,the last modells,comes out before produktion stops ,was made,in another factory,and quality was not so good?

does anyone tryed to use alumnium,to have better kuband perporfmance on mesh dish?
3,60m orbitron/kti owners often told,the only have 90 cm gain winning,in kuband with this antenna,what are they current problem,of this fact,are the lnb holders,not exatly in focus,and needs to modifeized,for kuband?

Attachments

• DSC03991.jpg
    DSC03991.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC03992.jpg
    DSC03992.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 189
R

Rd100

Solid dishes are much better for ku-band

A few month back i replaced a chapparal corotor with a ku/c lnb-f and it worked much better than the corotor on both c and ku,

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/BSC621-2-C-KU-LNBF.htm

Turok said:
Hello!

Good Morning!
does anyone know,what are the difrents,of the chapparal corotors version 1 and 2,and the international versions exists,but not all,are the same quality,some is better,then the other,told me the seller,of my echostar 2,40 m Antenna on ebay,but,he forgot what modell it was,coz he sell everything in the past long time ago,with one chappral corotor,he says,he could optimeized the kuband gainwinning,up to 40%

here,are 2 pictures,of my 2 corotors ,both looks,difrent,from front view

a dealer,told me in the past,the last modells,comes out before produktion stops ,was made,in another factory,and quality was not so good?

does anyone tryed to use alumnium,to have better kuband perporfmance on mesh dish?
3,60m orbitron/kti owners often told,the only have 90 cm gain winning,in kuband with this antenna,what are they current problem,of this fact,are the lnb holders,not exatly in focus,and needs to modifeized,for kuband?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hi!
i also have,this item here,but ,the kuband performance isnt good,
also on pfa
coz the lnb,is not exactly in focus!

i hope,some days,this version ,comes out with polarizer funktion!

the problem that i have for low cband signals i need poalrizers,and when the antenna is on roof,i would be have always the problem,that i must change the dialektrikum plate behind,removing,for linar signals 68,east and easter--

and,for western satelites,dialektrikum plate,must be inside,with corotor,i dont have the problem,but a reveiver must switches always on,and give polarity v/high low band
i have pansat 3500 that has all the conection,so blindscan would be posible,over the corotor,but,3 days,ago,the power supply is gone,and now i only can try it on echostar 3600

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
There are many different versions of Chaparral corotor. The Corotor II+ covers 11.7-12.75GHz in the Ku band. The Corotor II+ Wideband covers 10.95-12.75GHz. The International version covers the full Ku band, 10.7-12.75GHz.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
what chappral corotor modell is needed to reveive,the eastern satelites,68,5 to 78,5 east?

now,i have recogneized,that my corotor version only supports the V/H Polarity,and not the Left and right circular what i need,so what modell,is now the right for me?

i also have astrotel pm 93,maybe this one support L/R?
i dont know!
also have,singel cband lnb with polarizer From Gardiner Usa,now the questions,with polarzizer i have always some db lost,but,i find no technical datasheet,how many lost of singals,i realy have,between,the difrent models?
what is up to date 0,5 db,and the older modells,over 1 db?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
ups i forgot to add pics!

Attachments

• DSC00232.JPG
    DSC00232.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00234.JPG
    DSC00234.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 176

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
PM 93 C/Ku should be OK if you can see the dielectric slab when you open the feedhorn cover.

For Europe, you should use the International model of Chaparral feed.

The feeds in the left picture look like they are designed for an offset dish.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
hm,thx,for information,sounds,like that i have the wrong version for 68,5 east,of the corotor

the pm93 i bought new,on a german satshop that is now cloesed to years ago,after i bought i saw,that my corotor has a fault,all the plastic,conection streps are broken,ans some has been fixes by hotglow,reports of other people has the same problem in the past,maybe it ,was a design fault,of the complete series,now the strange part,the dealer,send it back to usa for repair,i must wait to month corotor,comes back.looks,same,then pm93, astrotel,on the first view,yeserday,i remove,the sticker with c/kur prescision corotor,and under that i saw,the website www.adlfeeds.com
when i look at it,i will be redirected,to the patriot company,now can anyone tell me what adl has to do with astrotel,does i have now another,corotor,that looks the same,or does adl,bought astrotel and then the bought from the patriot company?

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
I also have PM-93 and it has ADL embossed on the feedhorn. I think ADL own the original design patent? But Astrotel are based in the UK.

h**p://www.astroteleurope.com/

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
good,.thx,for information,i didn`t know that,was thinking the closed,there european hq,like chapparal!

do you have technical spezifkation sheet of pm 93,iam not sure,is it sutible to use ,for L/R Transponders on 68,5 e ,or not,if it not work,i must use single cband lnb,with integrated polarizer,but i would have the probkem,that i cant go always on roof ,reinstalling the dialektrikum plate for H/V L/R signals!

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
Check for the white or grey dielectric slab behind the small Ku probe and in front of the larger C probe.

Attachments

• ckuslab.jpg
    ckuslab.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 155