How many ITV boxes Illegally sold on

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If the official receiver/bailiff was to call in all the ITV boxes by contacting the original subscriber,how many,in your opinion,would have been sold to a third party,leaving the original subscriber liable to pay the full cost of the box to liquidators?.If we start with a total of 1 million boxes out there,what percentage are notavailable.Then multiply this figure by 200 pounds,there is a lot of money to be made here,just make the liquidators a offer of,say,10 million pounds for all the boxes,sue the people that dont return the box,sell the others for 49 pounds,(that's a bargain).I can see someone making about 20 million,and remember,i said it first!....Brian

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Perhaps there will now be a flourishing market in second hand boxes going to those who had sold theirs illegally and are now worried...

Speaking of which, I've got one I'd let go for about 500 (much cheaper than a lawyer).

2old

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ways out of a sticky situation

'M'lud

My client was about to send the set top box to the administrators via the courier services of the local post office and had put the unit into his car.

He was not able to tell in advance that his vehicle might be targeted by opportunists that evening.

Insurance ? Oh his house insurance would not cover objects outside the curtailings of the dwelling, and the car insurance does not cover items not owned by the policy holder.

I would suggest that the administrators claim the costs back from their own policy, along with the fees incurred by my client for the time spent in defending his actions

Or words to that effect

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
M'lud
my client insists most energetically that she posted the receiver a full three weeks ago. She was led to believe from recent expensive advertising campaigns in national press and media that the Consignia service is fully operational and able to reliably deliver items from one place to another well within that timeframe. She most helpfully suggests that the plaintiff lodge a strong protest with the respective advertising authorities.

Scouser

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
OK,

So the contract says that I'm responsible for sending the box back at my own expence. But I shelled out £120 for a year's pre-payed viewing, so if I'm asked to send my box back who's going to refund my outstanding part-year subs?

Scouser

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah M'lud,

My client Scouser submits that as the contract was prematurely terminated by the service provider, collection of the box should be entirely at their expense and at his convenience. I would further submit that until suitable compensation has been offered for the premature termination of the prepaid contract and in the event of a failure so to do, my client should retain the said box as surety. :)

Rolf

Scouser

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Ah.... but the contract states that the box is to be returned at the users expence "however the contract is terminated"!

And ad OD still exist as a company the contract is still a valid agreement with them.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
M'Lud,

As my client is arguing against himself, I am stepping down as his legal councel LOL :)

Making reference to my ex-clients point, the company ITV Digital only exists in receivership and are no longer fulfilling their side of the contract. The alleged clause in the contract stating that the box should be returned by the customer no matter the reason for the termination, is unfair and unreasonable, therefor, I submit, unenforcable in law.

Rolf QC