how many of u guys using satellite broadband?

coloureye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2Cm dish, Motorized, TM1500CI+,dragon cam,SS2....
My Location
North england
which ISP u prefer?
which package r u using now?
and I just wander how much it will cost for dial up by this one-way satellite broadband (except the monthly rental fee)?

any info. will be appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
www.netsystem.com is one of the bigger ones and uses Astra 19.2 E, used to use Starspeeder a few years back, but now have ADSL.

coloureye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2Cm dish, Motorized, TM1500CI+,dragon cam,SS2....
My Location
North england

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that you'll find most of them have download limits, they didn't when they first started, but found that the system was hamstrung by a hardcore of bandwidth hoggers who's only aim in life seemed to be to download as many movies as possible and stay online 24hrs a day.

PS sorry about the incorrect link, have now amended it. They have a users forum at www.netsystemusers.com

sherlockman

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am not using internet broadband yet but have been conducting some research into the subject over the internet in the last couple of weeks. I am actually interested in 2-way broadband interent. The deals in the UK are really expensive. There are a couple of companies out there trying to whack you over the head with 5000+pound installation fees (datastorm). Then there's direcway. The least expensive rates I've gotten are from Holland. However they have "set-up" costs of 1500-1800 euros and selling you the older modem technology, in the US the set-up fee is $600 for the latest gear. So what's going on here? The technology is available, but it's being kept out of the mainstream through price gouging in Europe, or am I missing something.
What's the thinking here? What should I do, are there web sites I should be visiting? Equipment I should be buying. Other technologies?

Thanks and look forward to responses.

Alex