How much do installers charge to fit motorized system??

malsat

Reaction score
Robbo said:
L brackets are used mainly for cheapness, I would presume.

I use them for the stand off and because they look better,nothing to do with price as customer pays that anyhow.

ash213

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, INVERTO Silver Tech Universal Twin LNB 0.2, Technomate 80cm mesh dish
My Location
BRISTOL
PaulR said:
How did you set the elevation and inclination of the dish? Where did you get the information for what these should be set to from?

These are set by slackening off the bolts A and B in the accompanying illustration. You have to get the balance between A nd B right otherwise it'll only be right at the top (if that's where you have your reference satellite) and as the motor drives away left or right will point further and further away (up or down depending on which way it's been maladjusted) from the correct angle.
elevation on the motor was set to around 51.45 from what i remember, got the figure online. should i try adjusting this then? the inclination the dish plastic is around 23 , i think .....i read it has to be between 23-30 for my location.

ta.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
I wouldn't rely too much on the dish elevation bracket, they never give a true marking. Check you have set the motor inclination to the Latitude scale and not the Elevation. [You may have been advised to look at this further up in the thread], haven't checked to be honest.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
malsat said:
Can you tell me how many you have to do to be a pro ?

Please refrain from hijacking someone else’s thread. This is not the place to be discussing L type brackets over Tk’s. In any case, there are enough threads here you can search with advice regarding the use of TK’s for motorised installation. I’m sure if you ask the majority of professional installers here or any other satellite board that is, you will find most will fit a TK.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ditto for Hobbyists.

L Bracket can flex owing to untethered top end of vertical section combined with wind loading, dish/motor weight and motor vibration when panning.

Flexing can be reduced to virtually zero by correctly installed T-K.

Loads of Threads here, there and everywhere where tracking is inaccurate due to use of L brackets.

Back to Topic ......................