How should i connect everything??

ez_livin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
All right all? every now and again I look for something on the www and I can not find the answer such as the recipe for vegetarian Jamaican patty's. Now I can not find out how to connect all my devices to my TV, I have a satellite box, A video, A play station 2 and an old digi box, all which need to be connected to my TV which has only 2 scart sockets.
Until now everything has been fine as I have been connecting the digi box using the RF Arial connection as I rarely (never) use it however recently we purchased a ps2 and at the moment I am using the 3 din plugs and putting them into the sockets on the front of the TV as and when I use it! Is it possible to link everything up to the rear? Thank you all!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If your Satellite receiver has 2 Scart sockets you should be able to daisy chain the video through it, then you cab connect the PS2 through the second socket, you can leave the Digibox as RF only.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't remember seeing one, but the easy way is to disconnect everything first and then start from the video, running a scart lead from there to the Satellite receiver (it will have one for a VCR probably), then get another lead and run it from the TV scart socket on the Satellite receiver up to Scart 1 on the TV. This will enable you to play a video which will come up on the TV automatically and record satellite.

Phase 2 is to connect the aerial plug from the wall to the Digibox in, then from Digibox out, to Video in, then from Video out , to TV.

This will allow you to watch and record the Digibox.

Phase 3 is to connect a scart from the PS2 to Scart 2 on the TV.

Phase 4 is to get yourself a beer and watch the fruits of your labour. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Surely Phase four is to have the beer brought to you ?

After all youve done all the important work before the Christmas break has even started, for that the household should be truly greateful

ez_livin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Thanks, it all works just fine. Out of curiosity how would I link in the play station so that I could record DVD's onto VHS and still be able to record satellite? I think that it is a little early for a beer so settle for a nice cup of tea or perhaps a tequilla red bull with a mince pie of course. Again thankyou.

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
Originally posted by Channel Hopper
Surely Phase four is to have the beer brought to you ?

absolutely, that brings to mind the golden rules for a BBQ

Definition of Outdoor BBQing.

It's the only type of cooking a "real" man will do. When a man volunteers to do such cooking, the following chain of events is put into motion.
1. The woman goes to the store.
2. The woman fixes the salad, vegetables and dessert.
3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it to the man, who is lounging beside the grill, drinking a beer.
4. The man places the meat on the grill.
5. The woman goes inside to set the table and check the vegetables.
6. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.
7. The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
8. The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10. The mans ask the woman how she enjoyed "her night off". And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
@ BRD, You must have watched one of my Barbeques. ;)

@ Ez_livin, If your video has two scart sockets you can connect to on of those, if not, then just swap the leads over on the odd occasion that you might want to record a DVD, bear in mind that most DVDs do not record well as they are protected.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Is it possible to record DVDs to a standard video or do you need a digital recorder?

Jimbo

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Jimbo. You can record DVD's to VHS but Macrovision, the copy protection, causes the picture to fade between dark and light.

Without going into too much detail in a macrovision signal the vertical interval contains several very bright white areas designed to confuse the auto-level circuit in your video recorder causing this dark light fading.

2 things you can do about macrovision.

1. disable macrovision on your DVD player either by secrect code on your remote or changing the firmware.

2. Buy a Video Signal Conditioner . A box which you put between your DVD and Video.

More info on it here:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=021220151805237&moduleno=29182&modulecode=

nobbly

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
or u could buy a cheapo dvd (£69 or something at currys, tesco) and view your dvd all regions, play mp3 disc, et all.. without fear of macrovision. even if it has, download firmware and flash it.