How to Activate Dreambox Smartcard Slot

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
mashster said:
Adamrick!

I feel your pain, you have the same problem that I have. I am in South Africa, and have a legitimate MCA Card Version 5 Zeta, which I would also like to use in the my Dreambox 500 S as opposed to the using it in the provided MCA Decoder.

I use CCcam 2.1.0. Without some changes to the cccam.cfg file, nothing happened, I then edited the cfg file and added the same info that you had at the beginning of this thread.

Cccam showed that it was decrypting the card as in the letter showing the encryption "I" turned green, but there was no picture on my TV Screen.

I have since given up. If anyone has any solution please let me know!

MCA says that it has married the smartcard to the decoder.

And no you cannot call them and ask them for a PIN number, they do not want you to use their smartcards on any other decoder rather than their own.

Have you tried to see the entitlements using a web browser?
_http://yourboxIP:16001
Shutdown the box first, insert the card with chip face down, switch on, then select CCcam from blue button.
If nothing is shown, then you have a problem.
If there is any data, select the text and post here (just over type your card number for security reasons)

mashster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo (Open PLi) Sats: Telstar 12, Atlantic Bird 3 (C), Sirius 4.8E, Eutelsat W3A, Eutelsat W2A and Intelsat 7 & 10 (C & Ku)
My Location
South Africa
Aah! Entitlements! I have not tried this one yet! I will give it a go tonight ... Thanks HB13DISH
HB13DISH said:
Shutdown the box first, insert the card with chip face down, switch on, then select CCcam from blue button.
If there is any data, select the text and post here (just over type your card number for security reasons)

mashster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo (Open PLi) Sats: Telstar 12, Atlantic Bird 3 (C), Sirius 4.8E, Eutelsat W3A, Eutelsat W2A and Intelsat 7 & 10 (C & Ku)
My Location
South Africa
Here we go! As promised

card reader /dev/sci0
handled 0(0) ecms and 0(0) emms
Irdeto card
Caid 606 ACS 607
Cardserial **********************
Provider 00 1959ac
Provider 01 ffffff
Provider 02 ffffff
Provider 03 ffffff

HB13DISH said:

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
mashster said:
Here we go! As promised

card reader /dev/sci0
handled 0(0) ecms and 0(0) emms
Irdeto card
Caid 606 ACS 607
Cardserial **********************
Provider 00 1959ac
Provider 01 ffffff
Provider 02 ffffff
Provider 03 ffffff

Thanks mashster.
This means your card reader is able to recognize the smartcard.
I take it that you are using CCcam.
If you are still not able to open the channels, then it might be a PIN that the card has and is preventing you from opening the channels.
Try to find out regarding this point, by asking other local forums. someone has to know or just try it the hard way. You only need to input 9999 combinations. You can do it in just few days. Use common PINs like 0000, 1111, 1234, 9999 or divide the work load among 10 people (hopefully the PIN is the same and not different for different cards)
If you set the PIN to 0000 you might get the card to work, but please do it at your own risk.
Good Luck :)