how to bring lnb back to life?

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
Amstrad dx90 sky+ h.d box
My Location
stockholm
anyone have any good tips on bringing a dying lnb back to life from the ground. i think mine is dying and it is sitting on top of an appartment building in stockholm. read here that forcing a software download can kick a digibox into gear just wondered if a similar thing can be done to a lnb

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What symptoms are manifested?

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
hi rolf
after leaving the box unplugged for a while when i start up again the signal meters (quality and strength ) register as they did before for about thirty seconds before going blank.have tried two digiboxes and both do the same
sorry of course the picture comes on for that time aswell

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, sounds more like the box, could be overheating or the power supply or tuner on the way out, what are the details of the box, they will be found underneath or on the back normally.

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
it is a sky plus pace mk 2 and the other one is a panasonic dsb30 the pace box is only about 3 months old. its really weird if i disconnect one box after a minute or two and connect the cables to the other one right away it will instead of saying searching for listings it will directly say no satellite signal being received and if left for a few minutes it will search for listings

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, missed the bit about the two boxes, DOH. :) Sounds like a replacement LNB then, or at the very least, a check on the connections to it, but they wouldn't normally all be bad.

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
yes cheers rolf my thoughts exactly. thing is its a long way up to it don`t think playing with the power supply to it might give it a kick or changing the frequency ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, once they start going, that is normally it.