How to connect multiple Set-top boxes

arsalanj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized 8-feet (solid) with Truman TM400M receiver
My Location
Islamabad, Pakistan
In the following post, when I say "decoder", it means "Set-top box".

I am not a professional but I want to have maximum channels at my home. I have a problem. I can buy a Sun TV decoder, a Dish TV decoder and install 2-3 dishes at my home (Sun TV and Dish TV are two DTH operators). The issue is that Sun TV, Dish TV and the receiver (that will be connected with the satellite dishes) all will have different remote controls, that I don't want. Since I want to use this setup at my home, I want everything to be managed & controlled through one receiver and one remote control. How can I do that? Please see the picture below to understand what I want:

5ys6ets.jpg

For example, my cable TV has 70 channels, Sun TV has 50 channels, Dish TV will have 120-150 channels and I'll have about 100-200 channels from the 2-3 satellite dishes (FTA channels). Now, I want that all these channels merge into one receiver, so that I can sort them, remove the duplicate channels and watch all those channels with the convenience of one remote control. Please explain the extra hardware or any special receiver required for this purpose.

g6agz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tecnomate 1500 ci (patched)
Dragon CAM
CAS3+
1 metre dish
My Location
north east England

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Actually if he just wanted the fta channels its spectacularly easy. Any decent fta box and disecq switching can take inputs from up to 4 dishes and combine them on one receiver.

Many members on the forum here in Europe do just this - including me.

Encrypted channels are harder, but if cams and cards are available then they can be decoded too.

The cable tv input bit would be harder, but I'll discount cable as discussion of it is forbidden on the forum. However a Dreambox 7025 can be fitted with a cable tuner as well as a sat tuner.

g6agz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon CAM
CAS3+
1 metre dish
My Location
north east England
What about the cable ?

g6agz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon CAM
CAS3+
1 metre dish
My Location
north east England
sorry forgot the rules.... I realise that with a half decent receiver multiple dishes /lnb's are reasonably easy.... I run motorized here. saves a lot of hassle..

Cheers