How to connect sky plus to communal dish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dbox
My Location
liverpool
I have just moved into my new apartment. I have connected my sky plus to the feeds in the lounge sat 1 to dish input 1 and sat 2 to dish input. But some channels say no satalite signal received. only on bbc2 and bbc3 and clubland tv. I get all other channels does anyone know how I can fix this Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

I would check with other residents in the block to see if they have similar problems. If they haven't, see if you can borrow a Sl<y receiver to test on your connection point.

There are many things that can cause this problem and won't go into the technicalities of it at this stage :D

Satman :)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dbox
My Location
liverpool
No ones got sky in the place just me tried the same with a standard digi box but still no bbc2 or clubland tv HELP !!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If there is not enough signal, then you need to contact the management company, or builder if it is brand new.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Taken a quick look and all three channels are on HL (horz/Low). If you have signal problems within this band I would of thought other channels may have dropped out.
Just a thought :D