How To Do An OTA Upgrade On The Phoenix Apollo Receiver.

hackit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI+MC & Echostar AD3000ipVA.
My Location
United Kingdom
In most cases the box will auto-update by itself on Hotbird, in some cases the user will have to "force" an OTA upgrade to the box, to do this follow these simple steps below....

1) PRESS MENU THEN ENTER 1117
2) PRESS OK (ON VIACCESS)
3) PRESS RESET (BLUE BUTTON) THEN PRESS OK
4) THEN PRESS EXIT ON HANDSET
5) PUT RECEIVER IN STANDBY FROM HANDSET (OFF)
6) WAIT 10 SECONDS
7) SWITCH RECEIVER BACK ON FROM HANDSET
8) THEN SWITCH RECEIVER BACK OFF FROM THE BACK PANEL (MAINS SWITCH)
9) WAIT 10 SECONDS THEN SWITCH BACK ON FROM THE BACK PANEL (MAINS SWITCH)

Once the above is done the box will have auto-updated with the new keys for continued viewing of the main scrambled channels, once again be sure that this procedure is done on Hotbird, also please note that there are still no keys for the Multivision package due to their continued changing of keys on a daily basis.

Also note in some rare cases the above procedure "might" have to be repeated a few times before the successful upgrade of keys, so if you don't succeed first time around try again until successful & that the whole Phoenix Apollo range of receivers (FTA, MC, CI & CI+MC) have this OTA update facility.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Cheers, mine went ota itself for TQ, thought I'd bought a lemon at first (no support... or rather didn't didn't know it had a secret menu!), but I'm impressed so far ;)

hackit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI+MC & Echostar AD3000ipVA.
My Location
United Kingdom
stealthpirate said:
Cheers, mine went ota itself for TQ, thought I'd bought a lemon at first (no support... or rather didn't didn't know it had a secret menu!), but I'm impressed so far ;)

There's also new software for these boxes on the official Phoenix website now, I've also uploaded the software for all the models on Satdudez & Toecutter's Den m8!! :-righton

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Whens the database editor coming?, seeing as I uploaded the database ;)