how to feed multiple TV's?

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal
Hi, to all!
I'm currently installing coaxial cable in my new home, with the objective to have satellite signal in more than one TV.
How can i have multiple TV's, without having one receiver for each one?
I didn't move yet, and in my "old" home i have one receiver to the living room TV. The other two, are connected to a "standart" antenna.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I have a simple and effective system.

A modulator (www.maplin.co.uk VH89W £30) and a 6-way TV booster/splitter. The modulator connects to the SCART of the satellite receiver and mixes the satellite output with the ordinary terrestrial TV signal. Your receiver may already have a UHF in/out which case you might not need the modulator.

My TV aerial connects to the modulator, then loops out to the VCR. Then to the booster, the six outputs of which are connected to televisions around the house.

It allows me to watch satellite or video or terrestrial on any TV in the house. I have terrestial channels on programs 1 to 5, satellite is on 6 and video is on 7. The Sat & VCR can only be controlled from the living room and only one Sat channel can be watched at a given time.

I was thinking of getting another modulator for my DVD player, at present I modulate it via the VCR. But I hardly ever use it so I'm not sure it's worthwhile.

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal
But, how can i feed a signal, so each TV can be independent? Without having one receiver for each TV.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK